Looking for nice touring park with statics

Jul 2, 2008
Visit site
Hi all

I'm looking for some recommendations, if anyone can help. My wife and I have a tourer, and our son lives overseas with his partner. We are looking for a nice peaceful, quiet site for next year where we can take our own van and they can hire some form of self catering accommodation on the same site. Our son fancies Lake District or Cornwall, so if anyone has any recommendations we'd be delighted to hear.

I've done quite a bit of web searching, most places only seem to hire out 4 - 8 berth vans and charge accordingly, which seems a bit over the top for only two of them.

Many thanks for your help

Mick

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Mick

Look at River Valley London Apprentice near St Austell Cornwall or River Tilt Caravan Park Blair Atholl near Pitlochry.One of these should fit the bill.

I've never seen a static caravan smaller than 4 berth.

If cash is an issue why not let them sleep in your awning? Or buy a cheapo tent for

Jul 2, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the tips, Dusty. I'll check them out.

I agree with you that sleeping in our awning makes sense, and I have offered to buy a sleeping compartment for the awning. Unfortunately our son's young lady doesn't care for the idea of sleeping under canvas, so that idea has definitley been booted into touch.

Cheers

Mick

Jan 13, 2008
Visit site
Hi Mick

Just a suggestion but why not try to find a nice quiet site with a B&B near by?

Been to a few places where B&B's Have been more or less on the site.

Hope this helps

John P

Apr 23, 2007
Visit site
The Croft in Hawkshead, Lake district.

I like it because its right in the village and there's 4 or 5 pubs there as well as shops. Walks from the site, (but get maps beforehand) and not too far to Ambleside and Windermere. They have statics for hire and some apartments on-site too if that will suit your daughter in-law.

Ian

Jul 2, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Ian

From their website it would appear that they don't rent out statics, they are all privately owned and don't offer a letting service. Quote:

Can I rent out my holiday home?

No. The main reason is that we are anxious to maintain Skelwith Fold's friendly and relaxed atmosphere, created largely by our community of owners who share a common pride in their surroundings. That isn't to say that you can't lend your holiday home to a family member or friend from time to time, but it should be principally for your own use.

Thanks for the suggestion nonetheless.

Regards

Mick

Jul 5, 2005
Visit site
Hi

have a look at: www.seaviewinternational.com

about 9 miles from St Austell with a large touring area and loads of statics, close to Heligan and Mevagissey.

as an alternative, there are loads of campsites nearer St Austell, and a Premier Inn at the roundabout on the Mevagissey road, could be worth a look for prices? cheers.

Jun 22, 2005
Visit site
Hiya

We like Fallbarrow Caravan Park right in the middle of Bowness on Windermere (South Lakeland Holiday Group)they have lovely touring pitches, the site has caravans and lodges for hire. It's right on the lakeside and 2 mins from town centre - no need for the car once you're there!! On site is a restaurant / bar, small shop and deli.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts