Looking forward to joining the fun!

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Some of you may already know that Practical Motorhome’s
long-serving Group Editor Rob Ganley is leaving to join The Camping and
Caravanning Club. Well, I am delighted to be able to introduce myself as his
successor – and the more eagle-eyed among you may recognise my name from May’s
cover story about my family’s tour of Scandinavia in a Swift Lifestyle 686.

I join Practical Motorhome from its sister magazine Classic
& Sports Car, and look forward to working alongside Editor Niall Hampton on
the UK’s best motorcaravanning read. We have lots of exciting plans,
particularly online, and look forward to telling you more about them in the
near future. In the meantime, I hope to see as many of you as possible at this
weekend’s Reader Rally!

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Nice to 'meet' you, Alastair. I won't see you at the Reader Rally, as we're in the Netherlands at the moment, but we'll hopefully meet on the road some day - you're always welcome to have a glass of something in Monty the motorhome
smiley-laughing.gif

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the intro Alastair - I'm afraid we're still in France (currently on the Aire at Blois, on the Loire valley), so we won't make the RR this weekend either!
DONNA - how are you finding the Netherlands, motorhome-wise? Our experience was that "aire-type" facilities are few and far between, and any other off-site "camping" is a no-no. However, there's one place at Enkhuisen, if you want to visit the "Zuider Zee Museum," where you can stay overnight on the quayside - officially.
Sorry to hijack your thread Alastair - I should probably have put this on Donna's but only just thought of it!

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Tony Jones said:
Thanks for the intro Alastair - I'm afraid we're still in France (currently on the Aire at Blois, on the Loire valley), so we won't make the RR this weekend either!
DONNA - how are you finding the Netherlands, motorhome-wise? Our experience was that "aire-type" facilities are few and far between, and any other off-site "camping" is a no-no. However, there's one place at Enkhuisen, if you want to visit the "Zuider Zee Museum," where you can stay overnight on the quayside - officially.
Sorry to hijack your thread Alastair - I should probably have put this on Donna's but only just thought of it!

We're house-sitting for the first month, then touring as of the end of May, so I'll let you know! The latest edition of All The Aires seems to have quite a few though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts