Losing the most ridiculous things

Feb 13, 2022
Visit site
A couple of days ago I bought a box of twelve eggs from Sainsbury's. Today I went to make a bacon and egg sandwich, said eggs NOWHERE to be found. Pray tell me, HOW do you lose a box of twelve eggs?! I definitely didn't leave them in the shop because I can photographically recall seeing them in my shopping bag. They're not in the car. Nowhere to be seen anywhere in the flat. Being a one bed flat there aren't many places they could be left. Maybe a hungry burgler snuck in though an open window and only took my eggs. It absolutely boggles the mind! Not like they're the sort of thing which just slips down the back of the sofa. :rolleyes:

Eventually I gave up searching, went down the road and bought six eggs. I give it it less than 24 hours before the original box of twelve decides to make an appearance!

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
It is your own fault as thinking of eggsactly where you are going to camp next instead of thinking of beer and food. 😂😂😂

Feb 13, 2022
Visit site
No wonder you cannot find the eggs. Stay off the forum for 24 hours and the eggs will be laid in front of you. 😂 😂 😂
The plot thickens in the Great Egg Conspiracy. I've got a feeling that I may have put the eggs in my bag then removed them to put something underneath. I've found the receipt and they're on there! I'm going to Sainsbury's and going to see if they either have them at customer services or if they give me the benefit of the doubt. Of course the thought of getting my twelve eggs and the original twelve turning up terrifies me. That's a lot of omelettes and Coronation Quiche!

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The plot thickens in the Great Egg Conspiracy. I've got a feeling that I may have put the eggs in my bag then removed them to put something underneath. I've found the receipt and they're on there! I'm going to Sainsbury's and going to see if they either have them at customer services or if they give me the benefit of the doubt. Of course the thought of getting my twelve eggs and the original twelve turning up terrifies me. That's a lot of omelettes and Coronation Quiche!
Now if you were henpecked every day you would have found them already! 😂

Feb 13, 2022
Visit site
Well I have a result! I went to Sainsbury's customer service desk with my receipt. They didn't have any "left behind eggs" recorded on the system but the lady went and had a look around the checkout I went through on Thursday, came back and said "yep that's OK" to her colleague. I don't know if she found them behind the checkout or just let me have them as a good will gesture. Either way, cracking customer service from Sainsbury's. I am eggstatic. After buying a box of 6 yesterday and eating two, I now have 16 eggs to use up! I think I'm going to have a go at making some Coronation Quiche.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Well I have a result! I went to Sainsbury's customer service desk with my receipt. They didn't have any "left behind eggs" recorded on the system but the lady went and had a look around the checkout I went through on Thursday, came back and said "yep that's OK" to her colleague. I don't know if she found them behind the checkout or just let me have them as a good will gesture. Either way, cracking customer service from Sainsbury's. I am eggstatic. After buying a box of 6 yesterday and eating two, I now have 16 eggs to use up! I think I'm going to have a go at making some Coronation Quiche.

Could you be taking things to the Eggstreme, perhaps the Avians Flew.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
A final twist to the story, guess what just turned up... Or rather, what I finally spotted.

View attachment 4620

View attachment 4621

They were up on the top shelf

THE
WHOLE
BLOODY

TIME!

:rage::rage::rage:

I now have 27 eggs.

Welcome to my ADHD world! You're still welcome to laugh at me. ;)
No you dont have 27 eggs, you have 15 as you will return to Sainsburys tomorrow to return the other 12 ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts