Nov 12, 2021
Visit site
Hi everyone, can anyone help, av miss placed the keys and alarm remotes to my ace award TriStar 2008 model, av heard that if u know the key number u can have them replaced, or there is a key available to fit the locks and removes the barrels so u can replace them, but same again u need the key number, the ace company no longer exists as far as I know, I have all the paperwork from new, but no key number, can anyone help me out , much appreciated, thanks Ken and June.

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, can anyone help, av miss placed the keys and alarm remotes to my ace award TriStar 2008 model, av heard that if u know the key number u can have them replaced, or there is a key available to fit the locks and removes the barrels so u can replace them, but same again u need the key number, the ace company no longer exists as far as I know, I have all the paperwork from new, but no key number, can anyone help me out , much appreciated, thanks Ken and June.
Can you get in the van? and open the door from the inside.Ace probably didn't make the lock,sometimes the lock number is on the key.
Mobile locksmith ? or locksmith's shop.
Having said that locksmiths would all would need to be mobile.
Could be a Hartel door lock,maybe you can see the manufacturer's name on the inside.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I seem to think that it was Swift that did the Ace brand. You can try contacting Swift, but I am not confident that this is going to help you much, given the age of the van. A locksmith may be your best bet with a view to a replacement door lock.
Good luck
mel

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I did have a look at one for sale on the web but I am not sure as to the key type. If it is one of the old style ones most dealers should have a stock of the door keys, and if they agree it may just be a case of taking it and trying them until you find yours. The dealer or a mobile engineer might have someone who knows how to open the window from outside, which could help.
Not sure what alarm yours has, but if you contact the manufacturer they may be able to help.

Jul 9, 2021
Visit site
I don't understand why this forum is ignoring photos. Isn't it clear that visual perception is more accurate than description. :unsure:
The message from this topic, which I wrote yesterday, is still missing.:fearscream:

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
By the looks it's a Caralock 2000, so if that matches the appearance of yours...
Caraloc 2000 Replacement Door Lock Complete Right Hand Caravan Motorhome Boat 5500001002409 | eBay
or it could be a Caralock 640
Caraloc 640 Replacement Door Lock Handle c/w 2 Keys Caravan Motorhome PO392 5060070213897 | eBay
I found the 2000 lock pictured on a 2006 Nightstar which might indicate that this will match yours.
There are not too many differs in the WD*** series, although maybe 72 (!), so it might be possible for a dealer to allow you to try a variety until you hit the jackpot!
Hope this helps!
Edit to the first link for you (thanks BertieBoy)

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
By the looks it's a Caralock 2000, so if that matches the appearance of yours...
caravan replacement lock | eBay
or it could be a Caralock 640
Caraloc 640 Replacement Door Lock Handle c/w 2 Keys Caravan Motorhome PO392 5060070213897 | eBay
I found the 2000 lock pictured on a 2006 Nightstar which might indicate that this will match yours.
There are not too many differs in the WD*** series, although maybe 72 (!), so it might be possible for a dealer to allow you to try a variety until you hit the jackpot!
Hope this helps!
What are you looking at,I don't see a link or anything

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I don't understand why this forum is ignoring photos. Isn't it clear that visual perception is more accurate than description. :unsure:
The message from this topic, which I wrote yesterday, is still missing.:fearscream:
Sorry EW. Your message of yesterday didn't make any sense as the OP has misplaced the keys and cannot take a picture of them.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I mean the lock photo.
if the lock is available, you can remove the barrel and identify the key from it. I wrote about it.
If you could help by telling how to remove the barrel that would help. The lock is in the caravan door. !!!

TRENDING THREADS