Lost remote again?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Have you ever had a remote, keys or similar fall down behind the bunk seats in the front and get stuck between the wall and the condensation board? It can then be a real hassle to access underneath to retrieve the item especially if you have ALDE heating as the item lands on top of the fins.

Happened to us more than once over the years and you access the item I need to unscrew and remove the condensation board and then replace it once I have the item safely back in my grubby hands.

Trawling the Internet it seems that I am not alone with this issue and one solution is to fit some mini mesh anglebead or some strong plastic mesh sieve filter screen. I am still debating which is best to fit as the anglebead is probably more difficult to bend and shape?

Reactions: otherclive
Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
The mini mesh I think is for constructing a sharp external corner on a plaster wall and therefore is rather rudimentary and the mesh itself can be quite sharp where it is perforated. Perhaps cutting the plastic mesh lengthways so that it is wide enough to form a slight curve would be sufficient to hold it in place near the top of the vent without further fixings, perhaps convex forming a slight trough rather than concave would be better to retrieve the 'escapees' from if needed. A cutting surface, steel rule and stanley knife or even a pair of craft scissors should cut the mesh easily and neatly.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Get one of those retrieval tools that you push one end and three 'fingers' stretch out from the other end allowing you to grab the missing item and pull it out.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I keep the remote in a box with the switch handle and the handle for clamping the mover on. I did put the remote in the car door pocket once and lost it, so lesson learned.

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
What we did was went local charity shop and bought a couple of small dishes not ones you eat out of ours are small china decrative ones and we keep them on the shelf where the tv sits! One is for all our keys car and caravan and ones for lose change, That way we know where they are when we need them not searching everywhere and not sitting with a load of lose change in our pockets.

Nov 3, 2020
Visit site
I have one of those woven plastic zipped laundry bags with my towing mirrors, mover remote and switch key, a rod to keep brake pedal down when checking van lights, battery drill and connecting socket for winding the steadies, spirit level, tyre pressure gauge, the alko wheel lock case with keys etc, and a kneeling pad. As I'm normally using the caravan at least twice a month the bag is permanently in the car boot

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
Have you ever had a remote, keys or similar fall down behind the bunk seats in the front and get stuck between the wall and the condensation board? It can then be a real hassle to access underneath to retrieve the item especially if you have ALDE heating as the item lands on top of the fins.

Happened to us more than once over the years and you access the item I need to unscrew and remove the condensation board and then replace it once I have the item safely back in my grubby hands.

Trawling the Internet it seems that I am not alone with this issue and one solution is to fit some mini mesh anglebead or some strong plastic mesh sieve filter screen. I am still debating which is best to fit as the anglebead is probably more difficult to bend and shape?

I have been there ,
1606578826645.gif

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site

get a large sledge hammer and smash the condensation board to get the remote out

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Massive design fault. OH dropped the remote into that very gap within 24 hours of taking delivery of a Bailey with that design. I emailed Bailey to tell them what a daft idea it was but only ever got a polite acknowledgement. In our case careful manipulation of a barbecue tongs got the remote out.

Mel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts