Low water pressure

Jul 16, 2022
Visit site
Hello all,
Looking for some ideas, I have low water pressure, I’ve replaced the pump, checked the lines etc, ran a generator at same time but still no luck, on top of that my water heater struggles to kick in and when I run the hot tap completely cuts out, any help would be appreciated?

May 7, 2012
Visit site
You do not say what system you have but your checks look right. I would take out the filter, if you have one, and see if that helps as there could be a blockage their.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello all,
Looking for some ideas, I have low water pressure, I’ve replaced the pump, checked the lines etc, ran a generator at same time but still no luck, on top of that my water heater struggles to kick in and when I run the hot tap completely cuts out, any help would be appreciated?
You don't tell us what, your systems is, or what it's fitted to. Your reference to the water heater "not kicking in" suggests you have an instantaneous water heater, and that further suggests you have a static caravan rather than a tourer. Please tell us the make and model of heater and what its fitted in, and that may give us some better clues.

Jul 16, 2022
Visit site
You don't tell us what, your systems is, or what it's fitted to. Your reference to the water heater "not kicking in" suggests you have an instantaneous water heater, and that further suggests you have a static caravan rather than a tourer. Please tell us the make and model of heater and what its fitted in, and that may give us some better clues.

Sorry for the lack of detail, wrote it in a rush while I had time, my caravan is a Sterling windward, the Heater is labelled as a truma, apologies I’m new to the caravaning world

Jul 16, 2022
Visit site
You do not say what system you have but your checks look right. I would take out the filter, if you have one, and see if that helps as there could be a blockage their.
Sorry for lack of detail, caravan is sterling windward, heater is a truma, I have found no filter

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Sorry for lack of detail, caravan is sterling windward, heater is a truma, I have found no filter
Could it be the flow straightners/ strainers that are fitted to the spout of each tap. They just unscrew and are notorious for collecting detritus that slows the flow right down. Take them out using a small adjustable spanner and try again with them out. Clean then replace

Jul 16, 2022
Visit site
Could it be the flow straightners/ strainers that are fitted to the spout of each tap. They just unscrew and are notorious for collecting detritus that slows the flow right down. Take them out using a small adjustable spanner and try again with them out. Clean then replace
Thanks for the suggestion ,have just tied cleaning them all and still no difference, starting to believe it is either a short circuit or problem within the heater

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
This just a suggestion on your control panel have you press the tap sign i forgot myself . could not understand why the water would not come . if it not that you might need a caravan engineer to check it

May 2, 2020
Visit site
Sorry for the lack of detail, wrote it in a rush while I had time, my caravan is a Sterling windward, the Heater is labelled as a truma, apologies I’m new to the caravaning world
Hi welcome to the forum
I see from your post that you are new to caravaning have you made sure the pump is fully submerged in the water container before connecting to the caravan, bled all the cold water taps and then the hot water taps, please bear in mind that the truma water heater holds about 10 litres of water
Hope this helps
Gra

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Sstubbs
Welcome and thanks for the new information.

I'm sorry if this seems a bit basic, but presently we have now idea of your caravanning experience, and in particular whether you understand how the water heater works.

This is a set of instructions which if not your exact model, the basic operation is the same.

or

For the heater to be able to deliver hot water work, It must have been primed with cold water as per the instructions, gas and 12Vdc or mains electricity must be available and it needs about 20 to 25 minutes to raise its 10L of cold water to about 60 C. It is not an instantaneous heater.
The heating elements or burner are thermostatically controlled, and have no direct interaction with the flow or the pressure of the water. - so opening a tap or turning the pump on will not cause the heater to turn on or off.

When you open a hot tap it will either directly switch the pump on, or the drop in pressure in the pipework will activate the pressure switch to turn the pump on. Cold water will be pushed into the bottom of the heater and the hot water at the top will be pushed to the taps.

When you tell us the heater cuts out when you run the hot tap, do you mean the water flows but there is no hot water, or do you mean the heater displays a fault?

This may seem a curved ball, but do you have a 12V battery in circuit in the caravan?

If you don't have a battery, you might possibly be exploring the caravans internal power supply current limit, when you operate the water pump. The dip in supply voltage that might cause could be enough to drop the heater out of operation. The solution is to ensure a leisure battery is fitted to cover the high current demand appliances clipping the internal power supply.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Submersible pumps in the aquaroll do wear and can result in low water pressure. Have you tried another pump? Where the pump hose plugs into the side of the caravan, the two O rings weaken allowing air to enter. Are you trying to run your Truma Ultrastore on gas or electric? Not quite sure what you mean by kick in. Have you properly closed the yellow drain lever by the Ultrastore?
A few more answers may help us to help you

Reactions: ProfJohnL
May 7, 2012
Visit site
You should have a pressure valve just inside the caravan where the water comes in. This will have a knurled knob on it which you can turn to adjust the pressure and is the only other thing I can think of. Turning this adjusts the pressure and turning this with the water on may help.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
You should have a pressure valve just inside the caravan where the water comes in. This will have a knurled knob on it which you can turn to adjust the pressure and is the only other thing I can think of. Turning this adjusts the pressure and turning this with the water on may help.
Ray, Is that specific to the model or Truma Ultrastore in general?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ray, Is that specific to the model or Truma Ultrastore in general?
I wonder if you 're on crossed wires. From the way Ray explained it, I think he was referring to the cold water pressure switch for the pump, And I think you may be referring to the pressure relief valve. For those who do not know they are not the same thing.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Prof, my grip of technical terms is not always that accurate, but I do hope that it was clear enough to be useful. To be honest I know what it is and what it does and from a personal point of view that is all I need.

Reactions: Dustydog

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts