LPG abroad Europe

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I will be picking up my new motorhome in a month's time then heading down to Croatia. New to me is having a 20ltr on-board gas LPG tank to run all the gas appliances, which is filled via an external filling point at pumps at garages and service stations. Although I am a regular traveller to the continent I have never taken much notice of LPG gas pumps. Can anyone tell me if the pump fitting is the same throughout Europe or will I need various adaptors? (I understand that the method of actual attachment may vary but don't know about the fitting itself!).
Any advice would be gratefully received.
Simon Godden

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
You will need a range of adapters, see: http://www.autogasshop.co.uk/lpgautogas-filling-adapters-1-c.asp
Assuming your filler point is the standard UK bayonet type, the ones you need are the three in the left hand column on that page. The top one is the new 'euro' adapter, supposed to be universally used throughout the EU eventually but not in wide usage yet.
Andy

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Many thanks Andy for the advice. I will go ahead and purchase the adaptors you have suggested. You would have thought that within Europe at least all LPG pumps at fuel stations would have the same connection fitting? Crazy to need adaptors especially when it involves messing about at a gas pump!
Simon

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts