Luna Clubman 2008

Sep 11, 2022
Visit site
Hi guys, looking for some thoughts or maybe someone who may have the same problem.
I viewed a luna clubman es 2008 yesterday for our 1st family van, on entrance the joining tape I think it's called on the ceiling that join the ceiling panels together are cracking and peeling off, even some of the walls are also starting to peel. Is this a sign of damp, or moisture build up. Wondering if anyone can shed some thoughts?
Tia

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi guys, looking for some thoughts or maybe someone who may have the same problem.
I viewed a luna clubman es 2008 yesterday for our 1st family van, on entrance the joining tape I think it's called on the ceiling that join the ceiling panels together are cracking and peeling off, even some of the walls are also starting to peel. Is this a sign of damp, or moisture build up. Wondering if anyone can shed some thoughts?
Tia

Doesn't sound good. I would ask to see a recent damp survey if there is one, or arranging your own by using a Approved Workshop Scheme technician. Lunar are no longer in business so there is a reducing number of places to support them. Whilst the basic equipment like cooker, loo etc is common to lots of caravans, if you need Lunar specific parts then it could be difficult.

AWS scheme

Sep 11, 2022
Visit site
Doesn't sound good. I would ask to see a recent damp survey if there is one, or arranging your own by using a Approved Workshop Scheme technician. Lunar are no longer in business so there is a reducing number of places to support them. Whilst the basic equipment like cooker, loo etc is common to lots of caravans, if you need Lunar specific parts then it could be difficult.

AWS scheme
Thank you, I think I'll stay away from that one. I found it a bit strange it wasn't declared before I viewed the van.
Back to the drawing board 😊😊

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Such signs should be heeded, as it could be a sign of damp, or worse the caravan body loosing it's structural integrity. Either problem can mean an expensive fix or it could be a total loss.

I'm sure if you search you will find another example in better condition.

I strongly advise when you find a caravan you are seriously interested in, before you agree to buy it, arrange to have a mobile AWS approved caravan engineer carry out a pre purchase inspection. If the seller is unhappy to allow such an inspection that is an alarm bell, and you should walk away.

If your allowed to have the inspection it's money well spent, as it should assure you of the caravans condition any it might also point out any small issues that aren't a deal breaker.

Good luck

Reactions: Rachel Marie
Sep 11, 2022
Visit site
Such signs should be heeded, as it could be a sign of damp, or worse the caravan body loosing it's structural integrity. Either problem can mean an expensive fix or it could be a total loss.

I'm sure if you search you will find another example in better condition.

I strongly advise when you find a caravan you are seriously interested in, before you agree to buy it, arrange to have a mobile AWS approved caravan engineer carry out a pre purchase inspection. If the seller is unhappy to allow such an inspection that is an alarm bell, and you should walk away.

If your allowed to have the inspection it's money well spent, as it should assure you of the caravans condition any it might also point out any small issues that aren't a deal breaker.

Good luck
Thank you so much, that's a great idea 👌👌

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Regarding the tape only. I have yet to come across a caravan when the tape covering the joins has not started to curl. That is not a sign of damp. The tape curling or even cracking is very common in caravans. However with the walls peeling it was definitely time to run away as faast as you can.

Sep 11, 2022
Visit site
Regarding the tape only. I have yet to come across a caravan when the tape covering the joins has not started to curl. That is not a sign of damp. The tape curling or even cracking is very common in caravans. However with the walls peeling it was definitely time to run away as faast as you can.
The walls wasn't peeling itself, only the tape that joins the panels together. All the walls were completely fine to be fair, no damp detected with the damp meter I brought with me

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts