Lunar clubman SE or Delta RS

Apr 3, 2005
Visit site
Hi all, we have been looking at the Lunar Clubman SE and quite like it, has anyone got any long term views on this model please? we are also interested in the twin axle Delta RS, any feedback on either of these models would be much appreciated.

Thank you Andrew.

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi Andrew,
We were exactly in the same position as yourself and could not decide between the Lunar Clubman SE and the Delta, in the end we went for the Delta because of the size of the front seats - just in case my wife or myself need to sleep on them. (We have two young children that like to play musical beds).
Cannot give a long term view, but we have had ours for just over 4 months and have been back to the dealership more times than I would have liked. (2011 Lunar Delta RS)
Good points:
Lighter than most, if not all, considering it's size.
Very stable and a dream to tow.
Loads of space inside.
High spec.
Alde heating.
Bad Points:
Poorly finished.
Expensive
To many problems to list - I was expecting some but this is ridiculous, dealer not helping matters!! We are just waiting for the next thing to go wrong.

Would I buy another Lunar - NO.

Hope this helps.
Scooby

Apr 3, 2005
Visit site
Hi Scooby, we are so sorry to hear that you are disappointed with your caravan, can we ask, what sort of problems have you had and who is your dealer?
The wife really likes the Lunars, we nearly bought the clubman last year, but i just couldn't convince myself of the build quality, so we bought a Buccaneer Argosy, we really like our van, but want the larger lounge and Alde heating, so we have been looking at the Delta RS, i must admit they do look better than when we looked at them last year.........however, you have definitely thrown a spanner in the works!

Regards Andrew & Sally.

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi Both,
To be honest if you read the reviews on this forum, most if not all brands have problems, some must be said are worse than others.
The problems I have had in fairness have been small but annoying especially since I have to take the caravan back to the dealer each time. One of the issues we had was with the Alde heating, all the fluid in the tank disappeared overnight! and hence my issue with the dealer. We had just spent in excess of £23k on this van, our first night out in it and they would not send a technician to the caravan site (approx 40mins from dealer) to fix it. Instead we had to go without heating and take it to them!! Surely as a gesture of goodwill they could have come to the site - the van was only a week old. As you have probably read on this forum it is vitally important to find a fair dealer.

The other issues are:
First caravan was rejected due to the numerous faults / scratches.
New caravan:
Fridge failed to work on electric.
Shelf front fell off.
Paint coming off from hinge of sink drainer.
Alde heating loss of water.
Poorly cut roof top - filled with mastic.
Rear lights - condensation.
Water pump cutting in and out.
If you buy new I suppose that you will always have these annoying faults, as far as layout etc goes it suits us perfectly. We love the size of the fridge, the space in the kitchen and the storage space. The bathroom is also more than adequate and the shower is great.The only thing I would suggest is, if either of you are 5' 11"+ then try the bed for size, I am 6' and find that my feet touch the bottom panel and my head touches the headboard. We also like the way it looks inside and outside, and at the time of purchase this was the only caravan (in this price range) that ticked most of the boxes on our list.

Hope this helps.
Scooby.

Apr 3, 2005
Visit site
Hi Scooby, thank you for the reply, i am just over 6ft and find all the fixed bed models are slightly too short.....i think of it as one of the small compromises we have to make!
I totally agree with you about finding a reputable dealer, can i ask where in the country you are and who you used?
I have also read some quite negative reviews regarding the radio/CD, do you have any views.....how do you think it performs, regarding tuning in the radio and sound quality?

regards Andrew.

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi Both,

I better not mention the dealer' name since I have to still use them for warranty work, as far as the radio is concerned it has not given us any issues so far, although the stereo in the previous caravan did pick up a lot more stations. We do however like the speakers over the fixed bed.

Scooby

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts