Made by a UK manufacturer?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Yesterday I bought some disposable coveralls as I’m going to be rubbing down internal walls with some ares heavily filled. I noticed on the front of the pack that it said they were produced by a “UK manufacturer, Kingfisher international Products Ltd. “. This is the company that own B&Q and Screwfix. I was quite surprised that such items costing less the than £10 for five sets would have been made in this country. However when opening I found a label in Chinese, which translates as below. They were made by a company partnered with Wanli, and years ago I had Wanli tyres on a Mondeo and they were good, so I can progress my sanding down safe in the knowledge that I am protected.

8CC5838B-F85D-48A8-A824-02238633CE23.jpeg

547AB866-7CD4-45AC-BE2D-B5CC582C2ED4.jpeg

Aug 24, 2021
Visit site
At < £10 for FIVE sets, what did you expect ? It would appear however that in describing them as "produced by a “UK manufacturer " there may have a breach of trades description laws.
One for trading standards ?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
At < £10 for FIVE sets, what did you expect ? It would appear however that in describing them as "produced by a “UK manufacturer " there may have a breach of trades description laws.
One for trading standards ?
I expected them to be made in China. I have no problem them being made in China. The front package information was the surprise though . When bought on line you don’t inspect the package prior to purchase.

PS whatever the orien of the photo it always comes out here 90 degrees out.
52FA2F5C-BDE7-4428-84D3-9433A11F46E9.jpeg

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I would agree. they are not produced by a UK manufacturer and this appears to be false description. Frankly I doubt you will find anything British in that price range and even at Chinese rates I cannot see them being anything other than cheap and cheerful. the wording "made by a UK manufacturer" is a blatant attempt to make it look as though they are British but seems too far from the truth and the description is clearly misleading.

Reactions: Challenger
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I would agree. they are not produced by a UK manufacturer and this appears to be false description. Frankly I doubt you will find anything British in that price range and even at Chinese rates I cannot see them being anything other than cheap and cheerful. the wording "made by a UK manufacturer" is a blatant attempt to make it look as though they are British but seems too far from the truth and the description is clearly misleading.

I have re read the front of the package. Apologies it doesn't say "produced..." It just says "UK Manufacturer Kingfisher......." Still flying close to the wind though. . And it repeats that in several languages as that group have outlets throughout Europe. But saying that they are good and at less than £2 a shot no complaints.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I recently had to purchase, a door mirror indicator light, for my Santa Fe. Hyundai, wanted £186, on E bay a Manchester based company were selling the LED indicator light for £39.89, delivered next day with Hyundai part number Identical to the broken one. When I dismantled the door miror, all the parts were marked " Made in China". A good Korean built car.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts