Mains water converter

Oct 15, 2021
Visit site
I have a 2020 Swift Elegance and am thinking of getting a mains water converter. Does anyone have a good or bad experience and can advise the best to get?
Thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Personal choice but we prefer the float type that fits into your water barrel, had a poor experience with the reducer hose type years ago

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I prefer the Aqua roll and hose from the tap. When we go out turn the pump off. If you have the tap supply to the van, possibility of flooding the van if you don't turn the supply tap off. .
As BB states, your choice.

Reactions: Seawolf

Ern

May 23, 2021
Visit site
We have a float valve as used in Aquroll 40L. To save carrying an Aquaroll when we know we are going to a site with water at the pitch, I have made up a small container with the float valve installed. It's small and light, so it lives in the front gas locker out of the way when not used.

Reactions: Seawolf

Ern

May 23, 2021
Visit site
Just use a hose from the water point to the barrel and top-up the barrel up each morning - only takes a few seconds.
If you are on a serviced pitch and have continuous water supply and grey water drainage, you may want to use the facility. I know 40L is enough most days for two people but with endless water flowing you can indulge in a long shower each and never worry about getting soaped up and stuck in the shower looking like a shaving brush.

Reactions: JezzerB
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We have been using the direct feed to the caravan for a couple of years with no issue as see no need to be using aquaroll however your choice. We prefer the easy route.

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
I can't see the argument about flooding-if your pumped system is on and develops a leak the aquaroll will fill and continue to flood the van-just like a direct feed. We switch the tap off when we go out just in case-just like we switch the mains off at home when we go on holiday!

Apr 28, 2021
Visit site
I’ve got through 2 Whale mains water hook ups with Truma adaptors, both developed external leaks within 3-4 times of using them, luckily I got refunds on them. For the last 2 years I have used the Truma mains hook up, I’ve used this 15+ times without issues. As advised by Truma I turn the mains water off when the caravan is unattended.

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
If you are on a serviced pitch and have continuous water supply and grey water drainage, you may want to use the facility. I know 40L is enough most days for two people but with endless water flowing you can indulge in a long shower each and never worry about getting soaped up and stuck in the shower looking like a shaving brush.
You must have a wonderful boiler to do that, for me it is a close call when the hot tap starts going cold. after a short spell in there.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Serviced pitches don't provide unlimited supply of HOT water - a long cold shower holds no appeal.

Ern

May 23, 2021
Visit site
You must have a wonderful boiler to do that, for me it is a close call when the hot tap starts going cold. after a short spell in there.
We have Alde heating and use the boost system. This prioritises domestic water heating over room heating. The hot water temperature at the boiler reservoir is raised so that the dilution ratio (hot/cold mix) actually gives more volume of mixed warm water in the shower. We have never run out of hot water in the shower. (But we may have done if the Aquaroll emptied)

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
We find the same Ern. And swmbo showers while I take the dog out by the time I'm back if on boost there's plenty for me too. As good as home.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts