Make a list

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
With the caravan season not TOO far away its time to get ready to welcome the new batch of vanners.

So to this end, how about each of us putting one item on this thread that we would not go away without. could be a standard item or (more likly with you lot) a bit odd

I will start

Caravan! (stops one of you lot doing that)

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
Our children (Girl 11 and boy 6)

I just cannot imagine going away anywhere without them. I know people do and I am not judging here, but we go everywhere with our children, if they cannot go we don't go.

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Our children (Girl 11 and boy 6)

I just cannot imagine going away anywhere without them. I know people do and I am not judging here, but we go everywhere with our children, if they cannot go we don't go.
and theres me, just booked a weekend away without them!

Shame on me, I will now have to change my own water!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
A sense of humour, if you remember to take this lots of things will seem far less stressful and far more fun
Martyn, just wait till you girl reaches 13 and would rahter stick pins in her eyes than go in the caravan....that's when you start crawling to the in-laws and sneek off on your own!!

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Jack for the caravan if you haven't got one!

I agree with Martyn, we never had baby sitters or family able to take them off our hands, they went or we didn't go.

Kids loved the camping and always slept in the awning or their own tents, we still end up with one or another of them during trips and they are all in their twenties and are happy and have all left home.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Got home one time to find the threaded clamphandle holding the jockey wheel had sheared.( Thank heavens the wheel did not drop out on the move.) Being at home I had a suitable drill bit and stud extractor to hand so was able to get myself sorted. So I now carry a drill bit and extractor and a spare clamp - but never had to use it yet. Bit like the man who always carries an umbrella to make sure it does'nt rain.

Bit sad really ? Or odd ? ?

Mike E

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
A really good Fleece Jacket - Regatta I find are probably the best. I like to sit out a bit with a glass of wine or a cup of tea last thing, just before putting the dogs and then ourselves to bed.

The fleece enables me to enjoy the lights of the camp site/other caravaners/campers and then when I go inside the caravan feels toasty warm.

When do we go!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Clive could you be onto a new way of life on caravan sites - I am a member of the local Neighbourhood Watch. Could you be the start of a Neighbourhood Caravan Watch? Mind you we meet once a month in the village pub and are often reffered to as the Pimpers Association.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Clive could you be onto a new way of life on caravan sites - I am a member of the local Neighbourhood Watch. Could you be the start of a Neighbourhood Caravan Watch? Mind you we meet once a month in the village pub and are often reffered to as the Pimpers Association.
Clive just thought of a follow up to this thread as being on the Neighbourhood Watch at Lord B's hay barn whilst he is entertaining his maids. Now that conjours up an image in any body's mind.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
I always have a hot water bottle in the caravan. Apart fromthe obvious warming up of the sleeping bag, we went away with friends last year, May Bank holiday, they were in tents. When we sat outside at night, it was quite cool, their 13year old was huddled up in a blanket, and my hot water bottle to keep her warm, as she was starting to go down with a cold. Next day, her Mum went out and bought 2 for future use!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Clive just thought of a follow up to this thread as being on the Neighbourhood Watch at Lord B's hay barn whilst he is entertaining his maids. Now that conjours up an image in any body's mind.
. . . . or any mind's body . . . . .

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Our little family of remote control cars. Daddy truck, used for carrying beer cans (is a little unwell at the moment so is on light duties). Mummy Ford focus,always running rings round the rest. Little offroader son, goes everywhere and gets into all sorts of trouble, and little girly Mini never in a rush always listning to the radio and doesn't like the ruff stuff. That's why we look for 16amp hookups, when these are on charge the light go dim...

Jul 14, 2005
Visit site
hi tom just to sidetrack the topic what model jeep is it we have a cherokee renegade on paper ticks all the boxes on the road its superb!!! jim
Hi Jim

Its the cherokee 2.5 CRD Sport just coming up to 4 yrs old now with 31k on the clock. We have only just got it to replace my ageing freelander (which I thought wasn't possible) but what a piece of kit!

we get around 31mpg solo and 27 mpg towing and it tows our Dethleffs 550L (1400kg all up) like a dream. Best towcar I have ever had .

Tom

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts