Makers/owners book

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi every one, i'm a brand new member!! Not only that, i'm a new caravanner. No, that's not strictly true!! I had a 'van way back in the mid sixties, but it had no heating, no toilet, and I had to 'cart' my water in a big tub!! Wow, haven't they changed? Any way, I have done all the checks on towing weights, speed limits, prices, etc. etc., and bought a very nice Abbey Lincoln G.T. for a very nice price !! However, I don't have a hand book to show me how to fill up the boiler etc. (am I thick or what!?!?) Any way, does anybody know where I can get hold of a manual for this,(I believe it is a mid nineties model) ? If you own one, would you kindly scan and send me a copy. Of course, I would gladly recompense for any expense incurred. Thank you all for reading this, and I look forward to all, or any, replies.

Feb 6, 2009
Visit site
Hi fingersone and welcome to the forum.

It sounds like you may have been away from caravans for a while...... but no worrie......s there have of course been some changes but you will soon pick up the threads again.

With a modern ( mid nineties van is modern to me!) it will probably come with all mod cons, double glazing in lightweight plastic, blown air heating, electric pumped water supply( hot and cold!) 230V electric hook up and all the rest of the stuff that "vanners" nowadays take for granted.
Take a look here:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&hl=en-GB&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGNI_en-GBGB521GB521&q=abbey+lincoln+gt+caravan%2bowners+manual

and this should start you out in the right sort of area...... There is also an Abbey Owners club so it might be worth speaking to Swift and also the club.
The boiler fills itself (normally!) when the water container is filled with fresh water and the submersible pump dropped into it and connected to the van.

Whilst you are waiting for an owner to photocopy the manual for you it might be wise to consider asking a qualified mobile caravan technician to carry out a service on your new purchase and this should provide reassurance that all is well and the electrics and bottled gas systems are all OK ( safety wise) and it would normally include a damp check and a whole host of other important things..... If you ply the technician with plenty of tea and buns and ask nicely they may well give you a brief explanation of how it all works.... and this can be a mine of information.

There is no harm in asking and the mobile guys really know their stuff but do bear in mind that they cannot spend all day with you for the cost of a service!
All best
paws

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello fingers, if the Abbey is a mid 90's van it would almost certainly been fitted with Carver space and water heaters Can I sugegst you visit

http://arcsystems.biz
where you will find downloadable copies of most of the Carver instruction manuals.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts