maries little smash up

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
:(
from back and front thread

Hi all
Well after being rear ended while stationary and proppelled what my hubby says is more like 15 feet into stationary car in front (which had towbar) we are still carless...
we have hired a small car

basically ins is pants. they lost my car for four days, they have wrong information. legal have rung me, I asked who will you claim off they don't have right info either. why should I have to do all this work myself when still recovering from a smashed in face???

this is a nightmare... any recommendations (besides bashing my insurers)

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Ring up your insurer and tell them that they have 48 hours to get their act together. take names, times, contacts and if needed, record the call - tell them you are doing so. If no joy, ring back and tell them you are making an official complaint and ask to be transferred immediately to their complaints area. Give them all the details and repeat above actions. Tell them if it's not sorted in a reasonable timeframe you will go to the Ombudsman with the recorded calls, and all details. You'll be amazed how quickly it gets done. If you need any further advice, my OH is an Insurance broker. feel free to ask Parksy for my email address.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I have to agree with Crazyguider. If the service is not of a reasonable standard then complain loud and long. They have to have a specific complaints handling procedure so make sure you complain and ask for compensation if the service failings warrant it. Use the Ombudsman if you are unhappy with the result of the complaint, they are required to give you details of that service with the complaint answer.

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Hi

I know its been a while what can I say? nothing absolutley nothing sorted yet

hubby did write complaint letter 3 weeks ago no reply

this is a company who advertise nationwide and we find the legal is in their group....

will ask for your email Crazyguider.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Absolutely horrendous. Hope this all gets sorted for you soon and that there is appropriate compensation involved too for the hassle.

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
I know this is my old thread but, so this will be a bit disjointed and a lot of waffle

:eek:hmy: I have received my appointment with the independent medical examiner. it's only taken 21 months.

did I update and say the person was taken to court and fined....I can't say what for because I don't know.. I only found out because I rang the police for the report which was always being finished!!! Person on phone asked
"didn't I receive the papers"? a very long pause on the other end, it wasn't her case so couldn't comment.

Could anyone enlighten me why I am kept in the dark?
Before you comment NO my insurance refused the police ref NUmber and refused to contact police. They just pay what they value car at and then reclaim of other ins...

I have been told police always contact people if cases are going to court...

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The police will normally notify you if a case is going to court. I can only assume that the other driver pled guilty from the very outset and the police thought there was no need to bother you or it may just be an error.
Given the other party has been fined I think the need for a police report is unlikely as the facts probably speak for themselves although your solicitors will be able to get one if they think they need one.
Your insurer will not normally recover your uninsured losses as these should be claimed with the personal injury claim and t5hey will not want to get involved in negotiating if things are not straightforward. If they are substantial your solicitor could ask for them to be paid separately to assist you with the personal injury compensation still to be negotiated.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts