Marks on furniture

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
After nearly 4 years of usage in the UK, France and Spain we have collected a few marks inside the caravan where something has knocked up against the furniture and left a white mark on the veneer.
Is there any way to resolve this or make the mark look more inconspicuous?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Could try Topps polish it comes in a variety of shades to match your furniture. Rustins do similar scratch remover for woods

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Could try Topps polish it comes in a variety of shades to match your furniture. Rustins do similar scratch remover for woods
Thanks. I have never used either so unsure if they will cover the white marks which is basically where the veneer had been chipped exposing the chipboard underneath.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks. I have never used either so unsure if they will cover the white marks which is basically where the veneer had been chipped exposing the chipboard underneath.
Topps is now Mr Sheen etc etc.
I’ve used that them at home and in vans. You need try it on an inconspicuous area first. Don’t expect as new but they do take the impact of the scratch away. There are coloured wax repair sticks too which can lift an indent up again so you don’t see it so visibly. Sometimes with the liquid ones you need successive coats to build up the colour in the substrate.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Topps is now Mr Sheen etc etc.
I’ve used that them at home and in vans. You need try it on an inconspicuous area first. Don’t expect as new but they do take the impact of the scratch away. There are coloured wax repair sticks too which can lift an indent up again so you don’t see it so visibly. Sometimes with the liquid ones you need successive coats to build up the colour in the substrate.
Thanks unfortunately not being a DIY person I am not 100% sure about the coloured wax repair sticks and what I should be buying. Saw these. but not sure if they are correct.

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
Buckman

Have a search on the web for a local surface repair company, they are quite reasonable and do some fantastic invisible repairs.

Kev

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks unfortunately not being a DIY person I am not 100% sure about the coloured wax repair sticks and what I should be buying. Saw these. but not sure if they are correct.
They could be okay. You don’t really need to be a DIY person, just draw on your experience with a duster 🤣But seriously they are dead easy to use. You work from the closest shade erring towards lighter rather than darker. Try it on the damaged area least noticeable before ones in direct sight.

I’ve used such things on Nathan and Ercol furniture with good results.

Reactions: Buckman
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
My pear colour “look like wood” has marks. Mr Sheen scratch remover did nothing. The material is not wood , but a plastic base. SWMBO is an artist and is trying touching in with some of her paints. All trial and error😥. Sadly we are just living with it , putting it down to a historic desirable patina😜😜

TRENDING THREADS