Marquis Leisure takes over Michael Jordan Caravans

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi Lizzie,
Not sure if this is good news or not.
Did we not see this kind of thing in the noughties when Dave Barron and Harringtons were among the many 'local' dealerships that were swallowed up by a conglomerate - The Discover Group and we know what happened to them don't we ?. Their stated aim was to become the largest dealership ( reading between the lines meant alloweing them to throttle the market and dictate prices.) I was not a customer of any of these but without a closer look at Marquis, are they (Marquis) denying ourselves the choices that we all seek, just a thought though.

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Martin24 said:
What a shame to hear about yet another independent being swallowed up by the big boys. :(
Don't necessarily think that it's a bad move - marquis are part of the larger trigano group - just another british company bought out by our european neighbors

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I do not see Marquis going the way of The Discover Group because as thosoneill says they are part of the Trigano group. Personally I would prefer to see independent retailers who should give a more personal service and the additional choice this would give us. This might be giving them far too much influence in the market and could make life difficult for the other manufacturers whose caravans they do not sell.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I bought my first caravan in 1978 from MJ. Very good. They seem to have a monopoly on the rear pages of PCv and have always had good offers and specials. Maybe the family felt the time had come for a sale.
I too suspect the consumer will gain from the new owners who will wish to continue MJ's successful business.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
A real shame that Marquis are involved in a take over after what I have read about them. I am so glad we did not go ahead with the purchase of a new caravan from them a few years ago. Even after we told them we were not longer interested they continued to pester us until I had to write to them!

Jul 22, 2017
Visit site
We've just collected our new Antares from Marquis in Dinnington, South Yorkshire, and I have to say that the complete package has been a treat.
No discount or price reduction, but the August sale package is very generous, including free insurance. Easily worth £1,000 altogether.
It was ready earlier than expected. Clean and everything working.
I would recommend them.

Being a cynic, I hope that their maintenance side is as good, but we'll see.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
From what I have seen the service is very hit and miss depending an which branch you use. It may be that you get the service that the former owners gave which would be variable.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts