Massive MS IT global outage!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thought to be a software update issued by Cloud Strike a cyber security company. Frightening if that is the case, just think what malicious player could achieve.

Feb 13, 2024
Visit site
Heard ken Bruce on radio, some guy had been working from home and his boss phoned him. Told his boss he'd been working all morning. Which was impossible as all the companies systems were down. CAUGHT!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I had to call LV/Britannia Rescue this morning and their automated response was that they were experiencing technical difficulties. Makes change from "unexpectedly high number of calls."

Feb 13, 2024
Visit site
I had to call LV/Britannia Rescue this morning and their automated response was that they were experiencing technical difficulties. Makes change from "unexpectedly high number of calls."
Well that's a blessing in disguise, you wouldn't have had the dreaded put on hold music.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Heard ken Bruce on radio, some guy had been working from home and his boss phoned him. Told his boss he'd been working all morning. Which was impossible as all the companies systems were down. CAUGHT!
Son in law works in IT as systems manager, but they do not seem to be experiencing any issues? He is on leave at present, but on " stand by".

Jul 12, 2023
Visit site
It only effects you if youre a Microsoft AND Cloudstrike user, but cloudstrike is a pretty big company with alot of global clients using their threat protection software.

Personally I wouldn't touch Microsoft software with a bargepole this issue or otherwise (Other than Excel which remains the best spreadsheet software) . There are far better versions of pretty much everything for home and enterprise users.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
LV/Britannia Rescue have now been unavailable for Customer Services for 3.5 hours. Plus I cannot log in to Huel for purchase either. Guess they may be affected.

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
It seems to me, although not knowing the full facts, that if so many organisations depended on just one service supplier why didn't they have contigency plans for just such an event.

Single point of failures in any critical system is just bad design.

Reactions: otherclive
Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
Our place was affected, our production planning/stock system was affected up until around 1.00pm. Although our Management Systems have various disaster recovery processes and the like they take time to switch over to. I hope it hasn't affected the CAMHC systems, we'll be trying their new "fast track check-in" system tomorrow!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It seems to me, although not knowing the full facts, that if so many organisations depended on just one service supplier why didn't they have contigency plans for just such an event.

Single point of failures in any critical system is just bad design.
Pre release testing should have bowled out the problems if done on a limited set of systems.

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
I've had my own mini IT drama to coincide with this.

Two days ago my fingerprint reader on my phone stopped working. I cleaned it, cleaned my finger but still not working.

Ran the diagnostics and it confirmed it was dead and I should take it back to the manufacturer who is in China. So I did the usual warm reboot, cold boot but still dead. After making sure I'd backed everything up I did a factor reset - still dead.

Then spend many hours re-installing and setting up my apps but ran into some problems with certain Microsoft Apps that just kept going round in circles asking me to verify my ID. Even MS emails weren't working at one point.

Most of the phone is back to where it was two days ago but I'm still having probems with the MS Authenticator App.

Its usuable but not as convenient without the fingerprint reader. Mrs V says if I clear some of the garden thats been annoying her I can have a new phone.

Plug and Pray.

• Haha
Reactions: Buckman

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts