Dec 24, 2022
Visit site
Hi folks I’ve just purchased a mayday green flag breakdown policy the sales guy was trying to sell me the top cover he said it would cover me at my storage yard he didn’t really no what sort of things it covered me for so I didn’t take that part out I’ve looked though the paperwork and that doesn’t tell you a lot anyone had any experience using this top cover thanks

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi folks I’ve just purchased a mayday green flag breakdown policy the sales guy was trying to sell me the top cover he said it would cover me at my storage yard he didn’t really no what sort of things it covered me for so I didn’t take that part out I’ve looked though the paperwork and that doesn’t tell you a lot anyone had any experience using this top cover thanks

Are you a member of the Caravan Club as didn't think they had sales people to pressurize you into buying something?

We have top level cover and it has nothing to do with storage. It offers you a chauffeur in the event neither your partner or yourself can drive.

Dec 24, 2022
Visit site
Hi yes caravan and motorhome club yes I’ve got all the cover you mentioned but there was additional cover from home and storage it’s called premium uk plus it’s a pre-departure cover the guy wasn’t pushing me just mentioned it
Thanks

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I have copied the brief explanation they give. The cover is for people who store the caravan at home and it is immobile when you want to tow it. Seems very unlikely to me, but you need to consider the premium against the value of the cover to you.

If your caravan or trailer is immobilised at your home (or where you normally store it), we will attempt to affect a repair or temporary fix before you start towing.
As with all of our services, if this cannot be achieved, we will arrange and pay for the transportation of the caravan/trailer to a suitable repairer within ten miles of either your Home or your original destination. Pre-departure caravan cover is only available for the Premium UK Plus cover level.

Reactions: Preece64
Dec 24, 2022
Visit site
So would for example would my indictors on my van not working be classed as immobilised this happen this year lost a days holiday (fault on car )
Thanks

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I have copied the brief explanation they give. The cover is for people who store the caravan at home and it is immobile when you want to tow it. Seems very unlikely to me, but you need to consider the premium against the value of the cover to you.

If your caravan or trailer is immobilised at your home (or where you normally store it), we will attempt to affect a repair or temporary fix before you start towing.
As with all of our services, if this cannot be achieved, we will arrange and pay for the transportation of the caravan/trailer to a suitable repairer within ten miles of either your Home or your original destination. Pre-departure caravan cover is only available for the Premium UK Plus cover level.
It’s not just for storage at home if your quotation is correct “or where you normally store it”. Does not that include a storage site.
To my mind the OP can only obtain a definitive answer by looking at the policy T&Cs, rather than getting conjecture. If the T&C don’t cover the specific query contact the provider and take a note of their response.

Not sure that a fault on the cars system that stops the caravan indicators working is “immobilised” unless the policy cover car and caravan. Even then what is the policy definition of “ immobilised “?

Query; in post 1 the OP refers to a Mayday Green Flag policy. They are two different policies. Mayday is specific to caravans and motorhomes via CMHC. Greenflag is not.

Last edited:
May 7, 2012
Visit site
It is a bit vague and you probably need the policy to see exactly what is covered. It was not something I saw when I renewed earlier this year.

Reactions: Buckman

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts