Measels

Nov 14, 2006
Visit site
Have read on tele text there are significant outbreaks of Measels in Switzerland and Austria and to make sure if you are visiting to make sure you are vaccinated.

Expectant mothers should be extra careful!

Dawn

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
No you wouldn't Smiley: far too dangerous - its a killer.

Think you are mistaking it for German Measles which can have profound effects on young unborn children.

There is great confusion in this thread about the two DIFFERENT diseases!

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
No, I've had Measles and German Measles. ( all my siblings did too). When my neice had german measles I was fine with her I had full immunity to both. As for it being a Killer there are thousands who are fine.

With these injections they have been giving girls at 5 and at about 14 what they don't tell you is you are not fully immune for the rest of your life, they give the final injection at 14/15 to see female through the child bearing years.

Only problem now is the age range is a lot later.

It's a great thing nature, a womans body gathers all these immunities, and when she's having a baby their immune too, and they are passed on after the baby is born to give it a good start until they are strong enough themselves. So by doing this every child has a better chance surviving it's in the genes.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm with you Evans measles is indeed a very serious illness for children and as less people have there children immunised now more

children are becoming ill with it. You definately don't want to

catch it.

catherine

Apr 16, 2008
Visit site
I'm with you Evans measles is indeed a very serious illness for children and as less people have there children immunised now more

children are becoming ill with it. You definately don't want to

catch it.

catherine
I'm with smiley on this one. Was injected about the age of twelve for german measles.First kid came along I was immune,two years later pregnant again- no immunity. Much better to catch the virus as a child and have lifelong immunity. All diseases and viruses can have terrible consquences' my brother died from a german measeles related virus at 15 despite having had the innoculations,sometimes it just doesn't matter what you have been injected against.

TRENDING THREADS