Members Photos

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
There seems to be plenty of interest from members who want to post photos of their pets, caravans, vehicles etc on to the forum.

This is not a problem, the only problem is that members forget to resize these photos and the forum webpage is expanded and can be awkward to read.

No matter how many times I ask the powers that be at Haymarket who own this forum there are never any tweaks or improvements to the forum or changes from the present format.

I'm told that the software won't support any changes or 'tweaks' [there doesn't seem to be a problem with adverts I notice :0( ]

so all that I can suggest is that members continue to post in one topic and it will remain active and therefore visible.

To post photos members should first open a free Photobucket account which will help to transfer your photos from your computer to this forum

Click Hereto open a Photobucket account.

Load the photo(s) from your computer to the Photobucket account.

Resize the photos using 'Edit'. This will appear above your photo in the available options. Large or medium should be ok.

Any oversized photos will be deleted and the member who submitted them will be asked to re post them after they have been resized.

Re load the resized photo back into your Album, don't forget to select the privacy option from the top of your album page.

Hover the mouse over your picture and a drop down box will appear underneath.If this doesn't happen select your photo by clicking on it and then hover the mouse.

From the drop down box select the HTML CODE with a left click where the text label says HTML CODE and then right click on the line to copy the code.

Paste the HTML code into your forum message and submit.

Don't forget - Pictures that are too big to fit on the page will be deleted and absolutely no inappropriate images or pictures will be allowed.

Have fun

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
If you do it this way...

" From the drop down box select the HTML CODE with a left click where the text label says HTML CODE and then right click on the line to copy the code. "

Is this how the photo is showing direct on the web page ..?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
If you include the HTML code the photo usually appears directly onto the webpage (at least mine do anyway)

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Parksy.

The only problem I find with re-sizing in photobucket is that it impairs the quality of the image.

Could you tell me exactly whether we should be re-sizing in pixels or inches for example if we use photoshop or something? What I mean is, can you tell us what the maximum size of an image is allowed on here, whether its pixels or inches etc rather than 'medium' in photobucket.

Does that make sense?

Lisa

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Parksy.

The only problem I find with re-sizing in photobucket is that it impairs the quality of the image.

Could you tell me exactly whether we should be re-sizing in pixels or inches for example if we use photoshop or something? What I mean is, can you tell us what the maximum size of an image is allowed on here, whether its pixels or inches etc rather than 'medium' in photobucket.

Does that make sense?

Lisa
640x480 pixels.

I think it's that in PhotoBucket if you choose large when resizing.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks, I'll resize mine in a bit then.

As I say, I find that if you re-size them in photobucket, it degrades the quality.

Lisa

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
I must be a complete idiot I have been trying for two hours.

Can you please give me a step by step tutorial.

No wonder there is no pics.

I have opened an account. I have placed photographs in a file.

I have tried everything suggested but failed. HELP...

Bob

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I'm not too sure if there's something wrong with the site Bob. I've just tried to upload a pic to PB and it wont do it.

The pic I posted before was already one I had on the site.

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
good thread parksy, keep this yin for all pics to be shown.

ive tried another resizing, see if it works.

this should be our first night ever away in the caravan when we went to the ranch in maybole at end of november.

if it works ye will see the carrick hills in the background.

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
this was taken on the way home from a biking weekend up north. we had came down through glencoe and stopped at the bridge of orchy wiewpoint for a break. when i seen the red deer it struck me that tourism has had quite an impact on their natural habitat. these creatures would not normally be as close to human areas, but throughout the years they have learned that there will be scraps to be had, and people even feed them, i think its sad really. we should only be able to catch an occasional glimpse of them from a distance, but there ye go, human kindness doing the wrong thing.

Moderators Note:

Please resize your photo.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
When you re size in photobucket ...

click back on your folders...

Re click on the photo to try again to re size you will see that you cant... get the size that you have done it too:

Ie: if you have made it large, it will only show that you can make it smaller...:eek:)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts