Members thoughts on a Verona and Alde heating

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
What are your thoughts on a Bailey Pegasus Varona. Also thoughts on the wet Aldi heating system. We are thinking of getting a new van and have seen the varona which we rather like. It's a 2011 model with the inboard water tank.
Good and bad comments are welcome.
I have tried searching the but it doesn't bring anything up for me and I'm sure there must be some reviews / comments on here.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi smith, I don't have one but my friend has a new Bailey Cadiz and has not stopped going on about how wonderful the Alde heating system is. She is a woman who likes her creature comforts and would say if it wasn't toasty in her van.
mel

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Smith21 said:
Sorry it should have been:- What are your thoughts on a Bailey Pegasus Valencia 2011 modle Also thoughts on the wet Aldi heating system. We are thinking of getting a new van and have seen the varona which we rather like. It's a 2011 model with the inboard water tank.
Good and bad comments are welcome.
I have tried searching the but it doesn't bring anything up for me and I'm sure there must be some reviews / comments on here.
Also info on the Varona will be welcomed

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Mel
I have been told that the Alde heating is the dogs you know what LOL, but thought I would ask on here as I know I will get good honest answers from the members here.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Smith.

Both the wet and dry systems have pros and cons, but equally both can keep you plenty warm enough provided they have been correctly specified and set up in the caravan.
It's unlikely that a caravan manufacture offers you a choice of heater type in any given model of van, so I suggest you find the van layout that suits you and accept what the manufacturer fits for you.
I would be very surprised if the make or type of heater was deal breaker for you.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Suggest you trawl through other threads on this Topic. a few weeks ago there were a number of postings about the pros and cons of Alde and other wet systems. I started one thread as I was then looking at two caravans from the same maker one with Alde and one with the Whale blown air system. I also researched the Alde website and various others. Obviously can't repeat the whole interchange here, but I've opted for the simpler blown air warm air system. A friend with an Approved Workshop tells me it can take quite some trouble to get the air out of wet systems (unless you buy the special ket to do so) and even the Alde book recomments tilting the caravan back and forward - difficult with a twin axle, but indicative of the possible problems. The other no-no from my personal point of view was the slow warm up time - not good for overnights in winter (which I do regularly). Also look at the additional servicing costs - the fluid needs to be changed from time to time which means removing all the air again etc.
I'm sure that for some circumstances wet systems would be fine, but they are not for me.

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi Smith, we have a 2011 Unicorn Barcelona, with Alde Heating. I think it is the best system. We have used blown air in previous caravans. We have had no problems at all. It is quiet and heats up quickly. It would be my first choice.

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all your replies I did take the advice on looking for the caravan that suits your needs not what heating you would like. So with that in mind we have now into the process of buying a new Bailey Pegasus Verona GT65 4 birth.

TRENDING THREADS