Men like Baking

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Just popped down the local to see my mate about going fishing tomorrow and we ended up discussing baking, he likes to bake all kinds of pies and so do I, one lad shouted across to us, 'You two on about fishing again', 'no baking was the reply', ;)

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Good for you ! My hubby likes baking too - he likes baking pies and bread - he likes to think he's Paul Hollywood I reckon! I think the Bake Off just shows how many men like baking and are very good at it too :)

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
I used to do all the cooking and baking in the house and enjoyed it all. Now that I'm not able to the quality of the meals has gone down considerably. Our 12 year old has taken on the baking and is really good. Just a shame she's a girl.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Martin24 said:
I used to do all the cooking and baking in the house and enjoyed it all. Now that I'm not able to the quality of the meals has gone down considerably. Our 12 year old has taken on the baking and is really good. Just a shame she's a girl.

These are brave words from a man so completely outnumbered. :p :cheer: ;)
Mel

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Mel said:
pitpony said:
Had another baking session yesterday chicken pies and steak pies, tomorrow is Flan day, :)

Sounds like Bake Off. :cheer: B)
Mel

Normally I buy my ready rolled pastry from Sainsbury's and in the past I have never had a problem with it, but in the last two weeks the freezers in Sainsbury's have been out of action so I have been down in to town to Morrissons to buy my pastry, but when I started to roll it today it just started to crack, it just would not perform (do Morrisons have their freezers at the right temp for rolled pastry), I then added just a slight amount of cooking oil and it seemed to bring the pastry back to life, anyway at the start of the night I had my flans and cheese and onion pie, do we have a Mary Berry out there on PC to write a few paragraph's about this problem I have endured today, ;)

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
pitpony said:
Mel said:
pitpony said:
Had another baking session yesterday chicken pies and steak pies, tomorrow is Flan day, :)

Sounds like Bake Off. :cheer: B)
Mel

Normally I buy my ready rolled pastry from Sainsbury's and in the past I have never had a problem with it, but in the last two weeks the freezers in Sainsbury's have been out of action so I have been down in to town to Morrissons to buy my pastry, but when I started to roll it today it just started to crack, it just would not perform (do Morrisons have their freezers at the right temp for rolled pastry), I then added just a slight amount of cooking oil and it seemed to bring the pastry back to life, anyway at the start of the night I had my flans and cheese and onion pie, do we have a Mary Berry out there on PC to write a few paragraph's about this problem I have endured today, ;)

You mean you don't make your own pastry from scratch. :eek:hmy:
Mel

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
PitPony, a mate of mine who loves his pies brought an electric pie maker, back to Nigeria, where we worked, and WOW, they were great.
So is it going to be next, Christmas pies, for the Xmas NewYear trip away. ??? And do you make them in the Caravan.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
EH,
No baking in the caravan for me only the breakfast, just had a look at a Pie maker it's similar to a omelette or sandwich maker, think I will price one up and let you know how they turn out, :)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thats the sort of thing, his was a 4 hole one, I thought from Lakeland, but couldn't find it only 2 pie ones, . I know what one son will get for Xmas. ☺

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
pitpony said:
EH,
No baking in the caravan for me only the breakfast, just had a look at a Pie maker it's similar to a omelette or sandwich maker, think I will price one up and let you know how they turn out, :)[/quot
My pie maker arrived today and it will at the best make four decent sized mince pies for Chrimbo,

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
pitpony said:
pitpony said:
EH,
No baking in the caravan for me only the breakfast, just had a look at a Pie maker it's similar to a omelette or sandwich maker, think I will price one up and let you know how they turn out, :)[/quot
My pie maker arrived today and it will at the best make four decent sized mince pies for Chrimbo,

Just used my pie maker for the first time this morning and it works just one or two things to refine the method but they are an ideal size to take fishing with with me,

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
Most Sundays my girls and grandson come for dinner arriving around 6pm. I do a roast with lots of vegs followed by my fruit crumble. I start making the crumble in the morning by peeling some apples and sliced banana with some dried fruit thrown in. Cinnamon and ginger are added. To make the crumble I put 4ozs of wholemeal flour in a dish, add 2ozs of sugar and 2ozs of porridge oats. 3ozs of olive oil is added and all blended together.
Four weeks ago I was just about to add the olive oil when I saw this https://youtu.be/JIn-7sVkY84
A quick inspection of the various bags revealed a bag of maggoty porridge.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts