Mercedes sprinter coach built Motorhome condensation issues

Apr 3, 2005
Visit site
Hi all,
My friend has a coach built Motorhome on a Mercedes sprinter chassis.
The vehicle is only 6 months old, whilst away over Christmas, he was unable to put the Motorhome in gear and had to have it recovered to a Mercedes dealership.
The problem is moisture ingress to the EZS plug/controller, most probably caused by condensation on the inside of the windscreen running down the front of the dash, the dealership is saying they won’t repair under warranty, however, he has subsequently discovered that this is an issue Mercedes are aware of and some dealerships have been carrying out repairs under warranty.
He is really struggling to get anyone to take ownership of the problem, his supplying dealer maintains the problem is with Mercedes and Mercedes say he has got to pay and won’t do the work under warranty.
Would anyone have any suggestions how to proceed from here….other than paying the bill himself.
Thank you for any help and advice.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Either way under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 it is the responsibility of the supplier or dealer to rectify the issue. It is no concern of yours if the manufacturer refuses a warranty claim!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I agree with Buckman .

I suggest you read up about the Consumer Rights Act to see how it works. and what you need to do. I'd suggest looking the CRA2015 on the Consumer Associations (Which?) web site as the have some standard letters you can use.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts