Merley Court Dorset

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
Hi, Looking to stay at this site at Easter. Have three young children, so we need plenty to do if weather is bad. If any of you have been there recently please tell me what it is like and whether it will be worth the 4 hr drive to get there. Any other recommendations for this area would be appreciated. Thanks Denise.

Sep 23, 2006
Visit site
Havent actually stayed at Merley Court but know where it is, just round the back of Poole. There is loads to do around there, Bovington Tank Museum, Monkeyworld, Swanage and its steam railway, Corfe Castle (Corfe itself is a beautiful village) Studland Bay, Poole itself has an enormous swimming complex called Splashdown, and there are loads of other things to do at that complex, bowling,restaurants etc, then there is Poole Harbour with Brownsea Island, Bournemouth, Lulworth Cove, Weymouth, the list goes on and on. I know of people who stay at Merley Court regularly and have always been happy there.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Denise, I live about 2 miles from the site so don't use it as I like to travel, but do go to the very good accessory shop which is part of the site.

The thought of a wet Easter in Poole brings me out in a bit of a sweat. The image of bedragled tourists in the Dolphin shopping complex in Poole wandering around to keep dry is not the best. As John has said the surrounding area has numerous attractions many of which can still be used if the weather is wet and a walk along Sandbanks beach is good at any time of the year.

I hope you have a great time in what I think is a most beautiful part of the country. If there is anything specific you want to know then please ask.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Denise, I live about 2 miles from the site so don't use it as I like to travel, but do go to the very good accessory shop which is part of the site.

The thought of a wet Easter in Poole brings me out in a bit of a sweat. The image of bedragled tourists in the Dolphin shopping complex in Poole wandering around to keep dry is not the best. As John has said the surrounding area has numerous attractions many of which can still be used if the weather is wet and a walk along Sandbanks beach is good at any time of the year.

I hope you have a great time in what I think is a most beautiful part of the country. If there is anything specific you want to know then please ask.
denise, try www.resort-guide.co.uk and select Dorset. You can then select the area you want - all are easily reached from Merley.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Denise,

Merley Court is a first class site been there many times,spotlessly clean,there are things for the children,and there's lots to see and do in the area,you won't for one minute regret going there,must go to Wimborne market on a Sunday morning.The site is now owned by the Shorefield group and we've used there Lytton Lawn site at Milford-on-Sea for many years you won't be let down by them they are an excellent set up,book it with confidence and enjoy.Happy Caravanning.Jim

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts