Message to the Moderator

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mr Mod,

I also post on another forum (nothing to do with caravans) on this other forum members can have a small photo which is with each of their postings, can the techies not do this?

Also every member is given a rating and level based on their knowledge and number of postings. So for example Lutz as a senior member and having posted a lot of technically excellent postings would have a rating of 1. This would make it helpful to new members so that they could gauge the value of the posting.

Your reply please.

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
Unfortunately we cannot change this forum's features in such a significant way. All of the forums on Haymarket websites are powered by the same 'engine', and to change one would change all the others. I'mm afraid this is not an option at the present time.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Moderator, can you please edit the BORING posts on 4x4s? In this country we have freedom of choice. I and many thousands of others choose to run 4x4s. To do this. we pay twice as much fuel tax as the "average" motorist. Surely this entitles us to drive what we want. I cannot stand Mondeos and their ilk, but don't waste my time condemning them.This forum is about caravanning. The childish so-called humour and thinly disguised poor taste of some posts really needs more control than it gets at present.Lets just leave it out, and let others get on with their own lives the way they want to live them. Emmerson

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
Moderator, can you please edit the BORING posts on 4x4s? In this country we have freedom of choice. I and many thousands of others choose to run 4x4s. To do this. we pay twice as much fuel tax as the "average" motorist. Surely this entitles us to drive what we want. I cannot stand Mondeos and their ilk, but don't waste my time condemning them.This forum is about caravanning. The childish so-called humour and thinly disguised poor taste of some posts really needs more control than it gets at present.Lets just leave it out, and let others get on with their own lives the way they want to live them. Emmerson
The problem is where to start. I try to only step in when users contravene the forum etiquette, especially:

"You may not transmit any material that is abusive, threatening, obscene, or sexually explicit."

But interpeting that rule is the difficulty. So many borderlines.

When I have deleted messages I am likened to "Hitler burning books".

For the record, I have deleted three messages in the last fortnight. On each occasion I personally email the user to explain why.

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
Mr Moderator

Is it not possible/advisable to remove the posts of the offending individuals, as it makes following threads quite confussing????????

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
The problem is twofold:

1. Deciding where the line is. Some responses are borderline.

2. If you remove messages in the middle of a thread it can make subsequent postings illogical if they make reference to the removed post.

It is best to start afresh and let those old tainted threads sink off the bottom of the page.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Dear Moderator,

I think you have not locket at what I send at the start

Of my comets on this femur. (Look at The Forum Whot Would Like To See On It)

You did not answer if you are going to do some think.

I now I am still using my old nick name to answer you I thick that send some

Think you have take Maz word before look on the forum.

To help you shud look on at this.

Go to the Tow Cars heading,

Then look what is send in Just Of You Stinky Feet,

Look at the second answer to this.

My nickname to start with was mark then someone starts to use that to marc I was not

Happy with the name so I look on the forum to see if some was use maz i cud not see

The name be used so I changed it to maz.

I will be changing my name soon.

I hope you at whot I have sad this time.

One thing that I wondering at this time is the Moderator is just someone nick

Name and they use it make fun of use all.

I hope it is not how it is.

Look forward to your answer.

P,S, some cud nick your name has well

Mark

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
Sorry, Mark, I thought I had covered the points you raise in my replies and comments above.

This forum uses the same software as all the other Haymarket forums, and as such we cannot have variations on the way it works. What you see is what you get.

The whole issue of forums is being considered at Haymarket, but in the meantime we'll have to use the tools as they are.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Mark -I think we are all tired of the hijacking and also the limitations of this Forum. I think the moderator must be as frustrated as we are with the abuse of the forum and individuals including the moderator.

What about just continuing to use it but not rising to any provocation.

I for one know this is hard as I have the skills to verbally disembowel these rather sad individuals. But such antics are for a proper debate in a formal debating chamber.

It is clear to me now that this is not the correct medium for such a debate - mainly because the Forum "engine" is not robust enough to control the debate.

Please keep using it - I am sure if the majority of the users managed to meet in a campsite bar we would all have our own opinions on whatever. However, the majority would listen and then if appropriate - agree to differ (and then probably have another beer together).

In this case - the barman/lady (the Moderator) has seen fit to bar a disruptive few.

Lets all move on.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Sorry, Mark, I thought I had covered the points you raise in my replies and comments above.

This forum uses the same software as all the other Haymarket forums, and as such we cannot have variations on the way it works. What you see is what you get.

The whole issue of forums is being considered at Haymarket, but in the meantime we'll have to use the tools as they are.
dear Moderator thanckyou for answer

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts