Milenco wing mirrors

Nov 23, 2020
Visit site
Hi all,
Does anyone have any tips on fixing the Milenco mirrors to the cars wing mirrors please? I have a Skoda Superb and I have a lot of difficulty getting the clamps to fit the frame of the mirrors ( it’s as if the pads are too thick and the temptation is to remove the rubber outer covers from the pads to allow them to fit over the thicknes of my mirror outer frame) this of course would reduce the grip and then possibly mark my wing mirror paintwork !!!
Are there other pads available that are maybe not as thick?
Many thanks for your thoughts,
JHS

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I had a 2014 Superb estate and had no problems using Milenco Aero. You might need to electrically adjusts the cars mirrors downwards slightly to allow the clamp grips to go into position. You can then power the cars mirrors back again.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Any chance of using the clamps on the bottom of the housing? I did this on my Ford, but now have to fit them on the top of the housing on the Hyundai, obviously depending where there is most tolerance between glass and plastic!

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Don’t remove the shoes, there will be little grip and it may cause damage. Milenco do some vehicle specific shoes (at sill prices if memory serves). Also, I found changing the standard shoes for new ones improved the grip no end.

Otherwise, if the gap is a bit small, try fitting to the bottom edge of the car mirror.

John

Clashed with audiorob!!!!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I had a 2014 Superb estate and had no problems using Milenco Aero. You might need to electrically adjusts the cars mirrors downwards slightly to allow the clamp grips to go into position. You can then power the cars mirrors back again.
PS mine went on the top of the Superb’s mirror housing.

Nov 23, 2020
Visit site
Hi all and many thanks,
I did try the bottom but unfortunately discovered that when I locked the car the mirrors folded in against my door paintwork, luckily I spotted it and managed to reverse the fold in.
If I hadn’t it would have certainly caused damage so will not try that again.
I’ll look round and see what replacement shoes are available. Thanks again,
JHS

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Hi all and many thanks,
I did try the bottom but unfortunately discovered that when I locked the car the mirrors folded in against my door paintwork, luckily I spotted it and managed to reverse the fold in.
JHS

On some cars the auto mirror close can be cancelled in the menu. Might be an answer.

John

Nov 23, 2020
Visit site
Hi all and thanks,
I have now just realised that my mirrors are maybe not Milenco. I’ve been looking at spares and the Milenco clamps on the net are different to mine.
(Mine came with the van and I maybe wrongly assumed they were Milenco)
Although they look the same! But the brackets are certainly not like the ones on the net.
Sorry all for any confusion.
JHS

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi all and many thanks,
JHS

I don’t think that replacement shoes will assist you in fitting the mirrors, which you need to get sorted before buying replacement shoes. I also would wipe the top surface of the cars mirror housing to prevent scratches. Also when fitting the Milenco it helps to wind the pads well back then introduce the hard fixed section into the cars housing before winding the pads down.

Jan 9, 2021
Visit site
I use Milenco Aero 3 mirrors on my Kodiaq which most likely has the same mirror as Johnjhs. I found that the gap between the top of the glass and the mirror body was too narrow for the tapered foot of the clamp to fit inside. It is likely that occasionally this happens when the mirrors are assembled. This though meant that the gap at the bottom of the mirror is quite large and the Milenco mirror fits well on the bottom of the R/H mirror. The clamps are not as far apart as when fitted at the top but it still provides a stable and secure fitting. The other benefit of mounting them at the bottom is that you won't need the adaptor that Milenco suggest for Skoda and VW mirrors. Always fit the clamps individually to the mirror first then slide the stem through them before finally tightening fully.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Milenco supply specific clamp inserts for VW mirrors. I found this out and bought them. Easy safe fix now! Maybe your Skoda mirrors need these inserts?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts