milton keynes/whitby

Oct 28, 2005
Visit site
Hiya all, could any of you please suggest the best route from milton keynes to whitby, i would like the quickest easiest rather than scenic, many thanks, Tim.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tim,

Richards route is fine, but the A619 has some steep bits and twists and turns especially nr the Hole of Horicum. A64 is fine and the A171 is ok but the longer route via Scarborough. Going to CC site West Ayton, again, in June.

Brian

Oct 28, 2005
Visit site
I have just been told, the A169 through pickering is a "no,no" for caravans, because of some steep hills at "blue bank" just outside whitby, and to carry on the A64 into scarborough, and take the coast road??

confussed!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tim, We only live a short distance from the A169 and it is fine for caravans, many tow along it everyday in the summer months. Hole of Horcum and Blue Bank at Sleights are no problem for any well matched outfit. Alternatively you could travel along the A64 to Scarborough and come cback to Whitby on the A171 as suggested but this will add about 35 mile to your journey. Must admit that Sandfield House is not one of our favourite sites, but I can recomend the CC site ayt Low Moor (however it has no toilet block), Ladycross plantation at Egton or Northcliffe Park at Hawsker.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts