Mobile caravan servicing in West Yorks

Jul 29, 2008
Visit site
Our 2 year old Coachman caravan is due a service to maintain its warrenty, not happy to use main dealer as expensive and unreliable so would really appreciate any personal recommendations. Many thanks

Oct 20, 2007
Visit site
I was very satisfied with the work done by Craig at http://www.cbcaravanservicing.co.uk/

I was quite specific about what work I wanted and didn't want and he was happy to travel some way to me. He was very courteous, fixed my fridge too, and when I agreed I needed new tyres he even took away my wheels to save me the bother of sourcing new tyres. Prices better than the dealers too.

Nov 20, 2006
Visit site
any person/company servicing a 2 yr old coachman MUST be a member of the Approved Workshop Scheme at least. if they are not, you will invalidate any/all remaining warranty offered by coachman.

so cb caravan servicing are not allowed or kevin tipling from rossendale mobile caravan services because neither are members of AWS. but as long as you dont mind loosing your warranty of course you can use "jimmy the greek" to save a few pounds.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Read Caravans said:
any person/company servicing a 2 yr old coachman MUST be a member of the Approved Workshop Scheme at least. if they are not, you will invalidate any/all remaining warranty offered by coachman.

so cb caravan servicing are not allowed or kevin tipling from rossendale mobile caravan services because neither are members of AWS. but as long as you dont mind loosing your warranty of course you can use "jimmy the greek" to save a few pounds.

Parksy - Moderator said:
Not a personal recommendation Carolyn but if you use a mobile service engineer they should be NCC approved. Only one mobile engineer is listed on the NCC website in West Yorks

http://www.approvedworkshops.co.uk/search/#results

I wrote that in the first reply to the o.p. on October 11th.
Apart from a dealership service there is only one approved mobile caravan service engineer listed for that particular area.

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm suprised a large company as yourselves would feel the need to slate small companys like ourselves let alone make out that we are some kind of cowboys.THANKS VERY MUCH.

Oct 20, 2007
Visit site
Makes you wonder whether the AWS is actually anti competitive.
I can get my car serviced by whoever I like and as long as certain conditions are met then my warranty is protected. I don't know how easy (or difficult) it is for the smaller business to gain accreditation, but if it is not a straightforward process, or is biased against small or mobile businesses for no apparent reason then its purpose could be questioned.
I have nothing against large dealerships, but I do dislike arrogance and believe the consumer should be able to make choices based on the quality of the work.
I've not bothered to google AWS but if it is in anway backed by the large dealerships some might say there is some self protecting market dominance going on. Not my view of course, just a suggestion that some might say!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The mobile caravan service engineer who serviced my caravan last week on my driveway was a member of the AWS. His prices were certainly competitive, I saved £80 on the service plus the time and fuel costs for a 200 mile round trip towing a 1600kg t/a caravan and I was entirely happy with the caravan service and the level of personalised and friendly customer service.
I thought that I'd invalidated my six year bodyshell integrity guarantee from Swift (I hadn't as it turned out,
read about it Here ) and Swift informed me that as long as the mobile engineer who carried out the service was a member of the AWS my guarantee would be intact. This means that I can get my caravan serviced wherever I want as long as the condition of an AWS engineer is met, much the same as a car really. Obviously I'll use the local mobile engineer who did such a good job last week. The only problem is that in the case of warranty or guarantee remedial work not many workshops would do it if they hadn't supplied the caravan which seems a bit self protecting.

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
We were thinking of having our last caravan serviced, during its warranty period, by a mobile engineer who we are friends with. He himself pointed out that this may make our warranty invalid and advised us to have a word with the supplying dealers first, before he even looked at our van. This I did, and they confirmed they would be happy to carry out any future warranty work that may become necessary (we do have a very good and long-standing relationship with our dealers). So I do think Reads (who I have great respect for since they come on here a lot and offer help and advice) are being a bit harsh in their view of mobile caravan services. You can't tar them all with the same brush.

Nov 20, 2006
Visit site
im sorry if my comments might have offended or even been misunderstood. i will try to clarify.

there are far too many mobile techs offering services who really shouldnt be touching a caravan. there are a few who come into our business buying parts and after a very brief conversation it is obvious that they really dont have a clue what they are doing. even my apprentice and receptionist know more than one joker. infact one even want us to tell him how to complete the repairs he has been asked to complete by a customer. last year when we hosted the CITO PIR testing we had 8 mobile techs attending. out of the 8 only 1 had any sort of idea what he was doing and would have employed him. as for the others, i would have been happier with them washing caravans. this is very frightening for me because potentially these happy go lucky, cheeky chappys are messing around with gas, electric and brakes!!!

obviously this does not apply to all mobiles or independents. this is why i still say, anyone being employed to work on a caravan MUST be a member of the AWS. this way the person you are paying to make sure your caravan is safe and legal, will have a very good minimum qualification level with City & Guilds, ACOPs, CITO electrical competency etc.

Oct 7, 2022
Visit site

Rossendale Mobile Caravan Services Ltd are AWS approved and are allowed to do services under warranty.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts