Mobile phones

Aug 8, 2005
Visit site
OK a dodgy subject - but we normally take 'em with us - well we take 2 each :)

Number one is the British one , number too is a cheap second hand unlocked one.

2 years ago we got French Orange SIM Cards on Mobicarte - but the having to use up credit within a certain time is rather maddening. If I'm there for 5 weeks I need a Top Up that lasts for 4 weeks [ about _25 and then one for 1 week . I may not use all that up - but it can't be held over for my next trip.

Sooooo we started to look again yesterday and found

www.oneroam.co.uk

This looks OK - has anyone used them ?

I just object to paying the cost of using my Virgin Mobile in France

Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Hello Angela.I have done some research on this as we go to Spain for 4 months. Most of the simcards need compulsory top-ups or are only for a certain time. I eventually bought the Oneroam simcard.It was the cheapest, with no compulsory top-ups and your credit is indefinite.Can be used worldwide and ( in most countries), there is charge for receiving calls.Topup is in Sterling but credited in Euos.

Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Hello Angela.I have done some research on this as we go to Spain for 4 months. Most of the simcards need compulsory top-ups or are only for a certain time. I eventually bought the Oneroam simcard.It was the cheapest, with no compulsory top-ups and your credit is indefinite.Can be used worldwide and ( in most countries), there is charge for receiving calls.Topup is in Sterling but credited in Euos.
Angela: Should have said "NO" charge for receiving calls. Sorry.

Aug 8, 2005
Visit site
thanks for that - my reading of their Website was that receiving calls are free now - certainly for France and Spain.

How do you get top ups if you are away from home ? Other than arranging it as suggested - the Auto Recharge way.

Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
thanks for that - my reading of their Website was that receiving calls are free now - certainly for France and Spain.

How do you get top ups if you are away from home ? Other than arranging it as suggested - the Auto Recharge way.
Top up via their website and pay by Switch or credit card. Instant credit onto phone.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts