MOTOR MOVER V TV REMOTE CONTROL-FUN FOR EVERYONE ON SITE

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
having just had a motor mover fitted and trying it out on my drive at home my son was changing the tv channel and volume thus causing my caravan to move with the use of my motor mover.

surely it cant work on the same frequency!!!!!!!!!!!

my does ,does anybody else work like this.my television was a sony 14 inch.

can you imagine what could happen on site when unknown to other people i could move there caravan ontoanother pitch at night when my blinds are down and the kids are channel hopping.just think what the site could look like in the morning.

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Just thinking the chaos you would cause, please do not come to cornwall, I don't fancy chasing all them vans around in my golf buggy, I have just stopped laughing. lol Liz

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Now that is really brilliant, with a pattern programmable TV remote set to a Sony code any noisy caravanners with a motor mover will be dispatched across the site toot sweet ;-)

Nov 7, 2005
Visit site
Are you winding us up Boing? This can't happen with a Powrmover like mine because the drive has to be connected first...Unless that's done, you could not even move it with the system remote control...

Nov 7, 2005
Visit site
Are you winding us up Boing? This can't happen with a Powrmover like mine because the drive has to be connected first...Unless that's done, you could not even move it with the system remote control...
like you, just joking...

Apr 5, 2005
Visit site
Even with the motors disengaged they would run.....Husband to wife.."Darling, what's that funny whiring sound coming from under the bed?"....."Oh bother, I thought I'd taken the batteries out."

This topic is so funny I'm glad we have a sense of humour!!!!!

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Quote "changing the tv channel and volume thus causing my caravan to move with the use of my motor mover.

surely it cant work on the same frequency!!!!!!!!!!!"

Most TV remote controls use IR (infrared light) signalling (unless it is very old), whilst most caravan movers use (2.4 GHz?) radio frequency - so the chance of interaction from the controller is zero.

You could have a fault on your TV causing it to radiate signals in the same frequency space as your caravan mover controller. And it could be that someone else in your area has a radio transmitter (walkie-talkie, remote garage opener, car central locking) that overlaps with your caravan remote control.

Robert

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts