My Coachman Experience

Oct 25, 2006
Visit site
Sorry if this post should follow on from the current thread of 'Elddis Dont Deserve Praise' but felt it necessay to outline my experience of Warranty work and service wth anothr van manufacturer, Coachman.
In May 2007 I purchase our first ever caravan, a Coachman VIP 460/2. Like most beginners thinking it would last for ever. It was our pride and joy.
In 2010 a serious damp problem was discovered at the annual service. We were devistated and at the time I made a contribtion to the forum seeking advice. Coachman were very prompt in authorising the necessary repair and supplying the bits. Unfortunately the dealer concerned made a complete hash of a competent and aceptable repair. Sealant everywhere it should not be, bits missing or not fitted!
Cross indeed, I approached Coachment direct with proof of the castarophy with digital pictures.. The story had a happy ending and was taken back to Coachman by lorry at their expense and repaired. Whilst there the van was generally titivated and tweaked placing it back in first class condition.
All was well until this year when at the annual service and within three weeks of what I thought to be the end off the six year water ingress warranty. Disaster struck. Dreaded damp again, this time falling into the category of 'worthy of further investigation'.
Arising from my earlier experience with the dealer, I approached Coachman again on the issue.
Coachman Aftercare again very helpful and agreed to repair the van.They did point out that their records showd the warranty had expired at the end of March and not the end of May as I was submitting bu stillagred to proceed. This entailed the replacement of the rear ABS panel. The compromise, if any, was that as a lorry was not available, Iwould have to take it to Hull. OK bit of a drag but in circumstances thought this reasonable.
Taken up a week yesterday. Fetched yesterday. OK eight hundred miles in all but in my view well worth it both in terms of future costs and depreciation to me had the work not been done. Again the van was titivated and tweaken during its visit. Work was fitted in around my holiday breaks and nothing has been lost. Wonderful.
I'm certainly not gloating, but I do feel relieved and feel Coachman have stepped up to the plate and delivery exceptional service. Thanks to all in the Aftercare team. Yes, these things should not happen given the total cost of the product, but it seems to be accepted that there is no totally perfect caravan, irrespective of make. I'm just counting myself as extremely lucky its been rectified with no cost to me with the exception of the diesel. So thank youCoacman; other manufactuers take note!
Yes, despite my 'problems' I would most certainly buy another Coachman.
PS Tried to spy the 2014 models. No such luck. Security tight as a......!!!!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
That's excellent news Bernard.

Well done coachman
Maybe your happy story will prompt Elddis into helping Pbarton.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
That's what I would call first rate service and support from Coachman, and with that level of support most customers would not feel agrieved if they had problems, but could be confident that the company would step up to the plate.

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
A dealer that I trust has always recommended Coachman for quality of workmanship and aftersales care.

This story confirms such.

Excellent.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts