N/S front marker light.....Doh!!!

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
After reading quite a few articles regarding the front n/s (top)marker light whilst threading the awning through the rail,I've also managed to damage mine.(Bailey Unicorn Cadiz).
Its my own fault....should have taken more care.☹
Luckily,only knocked off the lens which landed in one piece on the floor.
Going into Brixham today to get some suitable adhesive/mastic.
I understand that I should use the "non setting"/flexible mastic??.
More care to be taken next time I think.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
After reading quite a few articles regarding the front n/s (top)marker light whilst threading the awning through the rail,I've also managed to damage mine.(Bailey Unicorn Cadiz).
I’m not familiar with your particular lamp but I’ve never had one where the lens was fixed with sealant. The body would have a gasket and/ or sealant onto the caravan but the lens was clip on. That’s probably why I would knock them off when cleaning or on overhanging hedgerow.. If the lens were sealant fixed wouldn’t this make bulb changing difficult?

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes,thats what I was thinking otherclive.
It does appear though that my lens doesn't "clip in".
The lens was sat on a bed of mastic(which I've now cleaned off in readiness for the new mastic).
I would have thought if it had to be just clipped back into place,any future bulb change would be simple.
The O/S marker light lens also appears to be fixed on with mastic.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Yes,thats what I was thinking otherclive.
It does appear though that my lens doesn't "clip in".
The lens was sat on a bed of mastic(which I've now cleaned off in readiness for the new mastic).
I would have thought if it had to be just clipped back into place,any future bulb change would be simple.
The O/S marker light lens also appears to be fixed on with mastic.
Such is progress Ade 😂

Reactions: GeorgeandAde
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Have you had the van from new. If not, maybe a previous owner has had the same issue and thought mastic would stop it being knocked off.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Ade accidents do happen i hope you get it sorted :)

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Thingy.
Its a 2015 model and we bought it from local dealer about 15 months ago.
Your right.....a previous owner may have had the same problem👍

Reactions: Thingy
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Having looked at the van we have ordered, it looks just the same. As we use a porch awning, I will feed it through from the back. With the Kampa puller, its a doddle anyway.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Having looked at the van we have ordered, it looks just the same. As we use a porch awning, I will feed it through from the back. With the Kampa puller, its a doddle anyway.
We always feed ours from the back the last owner put a screw in it the rail half way down when it has the repair in Oct i have that sorted as well

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Beachball,I think we will start feeding in from the back as well.
I'm not sure if the angle at the top maybe a little tight,but I'm sure with a good spray of Mr Sheen or similar may
do the trick.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Sadly our Magnum does not have an eyelet so cannot use one of them.

Oh yes you can, you dont need an eyelet. At either side, where you put the fixons, there is a small hole as you know. Simply loop the pullers clip through this hole and clip it back on itself. Simples.

257cef40-a6e9-4b98-b080-8e89f23723e8.JPG

Where the vertical pad is sewn on, its more than strong enough to use the puller, which doesnt require much force at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mel

TRENDING THREADS