NatWest online banking, Warning!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you log on as normal and the first page asks for complete password and pin as well as your customer number? then DO NOT fill it in. It's a virus grabbing your details

I've just had this happen to me after using the link in my Favorites, smelling a rat I logged on to NatWest and then logged on from their website, seeing the same page I thought they must have changed things so filled in the page. Next page then asked as normal for bits of pin and password and I then went to my account and everything was perfectly in order.

Because the second page was normal the rat was still smelling though, so I rang NatWest and sure enough I'd been had, no harm done perhaps as I'd not logged off and they've now shut my account down so it's safe.

This could also apply to other banks so if anything does not seem the same then check before you give away your details. Also make sure your anti virus/spyware is always bang up to date, as of now their not finding it as this virus is brand new

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
God, that's terrible whatever next.

------

Although that's clearly fraud, even 'proper' companies **** up. I've just checked my bank statment and find that the flash gun I ordered and paid for on 29 February has been paid for four times in total from my account. The best of it is, I ordered it through Amazon but the supplying company, Pixmania sent me the wrong flash gun and it was returned to them on 2 March. I then ordered the same flashgun from another company.

I have been refunded four times too but what a **** up as one day my account had a few hundred pounds more in it, then it was down by a few hundred and so on.

I've just been onto the bank and apparently, because I paid for the item with my debit card, they can take the money out as they wish because they store the details, even though its quite clearly an error on their part.

Lisa

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts