nearly finished checking the van over -

Jun 1, 2021
Visit site
nearly finished checking the van over that has stood since i bought it nearly 2 years ago, had it serviced when bought I it, fridge works on gas and electric, cooker works, fire was probmatic wouldnt light could hear clicking had a word with the guy that did it and he said try and brush the underneath bit where it comes through the floor on the van as a lot he has had with same prob reacently has been because of busy spiders on the underside, did that fire now works, filled water carrier and put puraclean in then ran it through van and have left it soaking as per instructions on tub, put 4 new tyres on, full bottle of gas, infact only prob i found is one of the ceiling lights didnt work so got new bulb put it in and still doesnt work but that can be sorted later all the other lights work. The two small roof vents when i opened the silver bit the nets had perished and split so ripped them out and for now have redone them with the same mesh net i use at home on the kitchen stable door.
Was looking forward to going away for the weekend with friends to try it all....
Then they rang me and said - seen the weather for weekend - no says I then toldit was expected rain and thunder storms sat and sun so they wont go be going unless it changes

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
Well done on the good work Chatter, always good to be tinkering and prepping for a trip.
Personally, we have stopped looking at the weather forecast, we go regardless of what’s predicted. Only exception to that is high winds and heavy snow.
Get something rebooked and enjoy yourself

Kev

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Was looking forward to going away for the weekend with friends to try it all....
Then they rang me and said - seen the weather for weekend - no says I then told it was expected rain and thunder storms sat and sun so they wont go be going unless it changes
That is actually the best time to check a caravan. If you keep putting it off in case it rains then you are never going to use the caravan. LOL! :D

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
That is actually the best time to check a caravan. If you keep putting it off in case it rains then you are never going to use the caravan. LOL! :D
I am with Buckman, go for it, you have the site booked, Rain, Thunder and lightning, whilst away in the caravan, there is something about that.

Jun 1, 2021
Visit site
its not the rain, but the thunder storms that are reported to be happening over the weekend, her dog goes to pieces with thunder or fireworks. no site booked its a c&cc local meet.

Anyway on further reading on here one thing i had not really given any thought to was the cassette and additives needed - in an rv you dont put any additives in the tank as it 'kills the natural bacteria and there is never any smells from the toilet - mind you it does hold up to 30 gallons. Noticed that the common theme on the toilet thread was the smell of the stuff used so will be open to suggestions

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Been away twice this year and no problems but it is due a service on Thursday so fingers crossed.
We haven't been away since last September, covid restrictions, then back problems for Mrs H. Shoulder problems for myself then dental appointments for us both. I think I will try and get the van home just to remember what it looks like.

Reactions: Kevin M
Jun 1, 2021
Visit site
Didnt go apart from the bad weather forcast (which was right for once) i couldnt see the point in going for one night just to try the large porch awning ive bought, getting it all wet and having to try and dry it out at home, as the awning is mainly for the dog to dry off in if hes wet There will be plenty of other weekends.

Reactions: Hutch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts