New Bailey Unicorn Range

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Other than the date of launching being 21st, no. That was in the Bailey email today.

Oh and I can tell you Nurse Jenny won't be letting me have one!

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Anybody have any advanced news yet??

Over on another forum where they "talk about caravans " someone has posted three external photos of the new model taken as a transporter was filling up with fuel somewhere.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Dusty,

Just seen the transporter pictures on FB and the rear end looks to me like a cross between Avondale bird range and an 80's Swift Corniche. Front end is much nicer with a bit of a Knauss look about it. Personally I don't like the graphics or the black A frame cover. The rear has a useful full width grab handle but again in black. Looks like there's a family twin axle in the range at last BUT with bunks which as you know the girls don't get on well with, that's way we think our family layout is better.

At the moment overall I'm glad Mrs B isn't going to let me have one. Interior may be better. Exterior of course is only my very humble opinion.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Well that didn't take long.

Pros, Um................... Oh........................ Well I suppose the front end looks a bit better again and the pull down towel rail in the shower is quite natty. Bumpers look better.

The layout we would of had if any, the Barcelona, has been dropped and replaced by a six berth. Yet another fixed bunk one which is of no good to us personally.

Cons, in my opinion I don't like the curtains in either colour way. Don't like the cabinetry at all. Don't go in for the splash backs in the kitchen as I only see them as a dirt trap. The bbq point is on the wrong side. Still no where to put things like chocs, pads, etc other than under the bed. The openness of the front, because of the front shelves has gone and been replaced by a couple of rather useless little corner cupboards. No bolster cushions at the kitchen or door. Not keen on the vinyl finish under the carpet. Everything looks very square. The integrated dustpan and brush is no more than a gimmick, not a lot of good for much as it's too small. Don't like blacked out windows. Looks like you're in the mafia and trying to hide something. Looks as if there is still a seam in the roof so that may be prone to leaks the same way as the Unicorn 3 and current Pegasus are. Black trim around lights, handles etc imho always make a van look rather tacky. Magazine rack seems to have gone.

Apart from that all's well so long as I don't have to have one, unless it's given to us of course.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Martin24 said:
Well that didn't take long.

Pros, Um................... Oh........................ Well I suppose the front end looks a bit better again and the pull down towel rail in the shower is quite natty. Bumpers look better.

The layout we would of had if any, the Barcelona, has been dropped and replaced by a six berth. Yet another fixed bunk one which is of no good to us personally.

In the new Bailey brochure its says new layout coming soon for the Madrid and Barcelona

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I was talking to a salesman at the dealers who expected the new models to be in by the end of October, although he did not have details.

TRENDING THREADS