New Caravan

GAS

BANNED
Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Picking up my new to me 2019 Swift Challenger 560 next week. I have went from Analogue touring to digital ...:giggle: Trading in my old 2007 Elddis. Delighted with my purchase and so looking forward to my maiden outing early April. Did my homework and apart from the new onboard tech being the Swift Command system and new to me Aldi wet heating can any owners of the same type of van give me any issues and experience ? Good and Bad .....

GAS ....

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I hope you enjoy your new caravan when you get it next week and have plenty of breaks but we had a Elddis caravan that had this Alde wet heating i thought was fantastic someone will help you on this forum on anymore questions you have .

Reactions: JezzerB

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Congratulations on your new van. Always exciting. Give it a proper shakedown as soon a you can, so that you can get any snagging issues sorted quickly. Hopefully not many. As a 2019 van, it may not have seen a lot of use.
Let us know how it goes
mel

Reactions: Jcloughie

GAS

BANNED
Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Congratulations on your new van. Always exciting. Give it a proper shakedown as soon a you can, so that you can get any snagging issues sorted quickly. Hopefully not many. As a 2019 van, it may not have seen a lot of use.
Let us know how it goes
mel
Thankyou Mel. To be honest swithered on the new van but this one had a higher spec. New van did not have a combi cooker and no Swift Command System, cupboards etc were of a higher standard as well and a motor mover. One previous owner , full dealership service history and absolutely minted . Apparently the previous owner changes his van every 3 years ... Fingers crossed all goes well....

GAS...

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Emotive question GAS. Can only answer for the Alde. It needs some studying and understanding. And a knowledge that to get the best out of it it needs to be used differently. But, for me, it beats the competition hands down.

When very cold, initial heating is slow. I speed it up by using gas which equals 4kw. And a fan heater. After that heat is maintained with comfort as the fabric has warmed up. Personally, I don’t bother with the timer, as we don’t want to be dictated to by a clock. We simply leave it on 24/7 as a background heat and boost as needed.

Read up on it and enjoy your new van.

John

Last edited:
Reactions: GAS and RogerL
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to the forum, and fully enjoy your new caravan, there will be for's and againt the heating system, overall just enjoy it all.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
GAS, regarding Alde fluid. I have just remembered that Alde systems were initially filled with fluid that had to be changed after 2 years to the 5 year fluid. This was ridiculously expensive. Just check with your dealer which fluid is in your van ( there was talk of them using 5 year fluid from the off, but don’t know if this happened). If you have2 year fluid, lean on your dealer for the upgrade FOC.
mel

Reactions: GAS and Jcloughie
Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
I changed the fluid myself from the blue to the pick stuff to spare the technical part ,dead easy all done for less than 40 quid with top quality antifreeze - it took about 30mins - if I did it again it would take 15mins - it was quite satisfying and bleeding was quick and easy . I hear 250 mentioned by dealers …. There are plenty of you tube how to do it around to follow - system is brilliant

Jul 8, 2020
Visit site
I changed the fluid myself from the blue to the pick stuff to spare the technical part ,dead easy all done for less than 40 quid with top quality antifreeze - it took about 30mins - if I did it again it would take 15mins - it was quite satisfying and bleeding was quick and easy . I hear 250 mentioned by dealers …. There are plenty of you tube how to do it around to follow - system is brilliant
My last full service and alde fluid change to the 5yr fluid cost me 400 in total, but i will defo do it myself next time around.

To be honest the cost wasn't outrageous for what was done including a new gas pig tale from the certified mobile engineer.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Wow. Alde did ours at the factory and it still took nearly an hour?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Personally, I don’t bother with the timer, as we don’t want to be dictated to by a clock. We simply leave it on 24/7 as a background heat and boost as needed.
John
We fitted the backup battery to make life easy using the timer so only need to change the clock twice a year.

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
Wow. Alde did ours at the factory and it still took nearly an hour?

set up 2 plastic containers capable of holding 25 litres
2 clear hoses
12 v pump off amazon
Battery
10 litres of anti freeze
10 litres of ionised water

Mia water and anti freeze 50 50 mic
Use a Turkey bastto lower level in tank
Remove clips
Insert fill and return plastic hoses
Use 12v pump to flush out old blue until you see the pink come back through (20 litres max )
Return tank
Manually top up tank to just under min mark
Start system lower van on jockey wheel and bleed from high point

job done an hour at alde would be them stringing it out to sting you

I am ex Royal Navy articifer so quite handy engineering wise

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
set up 2 plastic containers capable of holding 25 litres
2 clear hoses
12 v pump off amazon
Battery
10 litres of anti freeze
10 litres of ionised water

Mia water and anti freeze 50 50 mic
Use a Turkey bastto lower level in tank
Remove clips
Insert fill and return plastic hoses
Use 12v pump to flush out old blue until you see the pink come back through (20 litres max )
Return tank
Manually top up tank to just under min mark
Start system lower van on jockey wheel and bleed from high point

job done an hour at alde would be them stringing it out to sting you

I am ex Royal Navy articifer so quite handy engineering wise
Maybe ALDE needs someone like you to show them how it is done in15 minutes. LOL! :D

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts