New caravans getting more expensive

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
Due to covid 19 and the foreign travel restriction over almost the past year it seems to be a sellers maket, I suppose people who in the past would have never considered camping or caravaning have enjoyed the pleasure and maybe the cheaper option compared to a yearly holiday abroad.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The new Coachman Lusso has a list price of £40,455.
Not so long ago a top of the range caravan was about £25k
Surely that price is a joke as quite a number of those Options or extras are standard on some caravans like Buccaneer which is priced nearly £5000 less and the wheel locks are standard like many other brands of caravans.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Time will tell if the price puts people off, but it may be simply to make it exclusive and because it will be made in smaller numbers the costs are higher. At that price the build will need to be excellent quality, as it will sell to those who expect perfection.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
That price has put me off i will not be buying a caravan for £40,455 even if the built is excellent quality . i will buy another new caravan that suits our budget and it got good reviews from customers and the qualty is excellent ,

May 7, 2012
Visit site
That price has put me off i will not be buying a caravan for £40,455 even if the built is excellent quality . i will buy another new caravan that suits our budget and it got good reviews from customers and the qualty is excellent ,
I take it you will not want an Airstream either!

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
I track the price of the new Sprites so my "New for Old" insurance policy reflects the MSRP of the latest version of my caravan. Since my 2018 model was released there has been very little differences in the 3 sebsequesnt iterations; touchscreen control panel, DAB radio (Still pee'd off we have just an FM radio) and interior colour schemes. The exterior design has not changed at all, but the price has increased nearly £4000!

Swift do appear to have dropped the pretence with the "Diamond Pack" and Front Sunroof options... as no dealer would order a Sprite without them.

Airstream does look nice but the weight would not suit me :)

But think of how light your wallet will be!

Reactions: otherclive
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I track the price of the new Sprites so my "New for Old" insurance policy reflects the MSRP of the latest version of my caravan. Since my 2018 model was released there has been very little differences in the 3 sebsequesnt iterations; touchscreen control panel, DAB radio (Still pee'd off we have just an FM radio) and interior colour schemes. The exterior design has not changed at all, but the price has increased nearly £4000!

Swift do appear to have dropped the pretence with the "Diamond Pack" and Front Sunroof options... as no dealer would order a Sprite without them.

But think of how light your wallet will be!
You could always buy it for me if you so wish then my wallet would be full

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site

When you know what that is can you let me know!

John

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Well it might be a few years because we only started back towing April 2019 to see if i could do it again (Remember we pack up in 2011/12 Sold everything )

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts