new forest centenary site, bransgore, christchurch, dorset

Dec 27, 2006
Visit site
Went there for a weekend on the opening weekend, lovely site, nice large pitches, facilities are excellent and TV hook up available , although the signal from the normal status sas fine. All in a credit to the caravan club and a site which will require booking in advance as I think it will be very popular.

Dec 27, 2006
Visit site
Hi Jo-anne

The site was almost full and everyone that we spoke to agreed it was the nicest CC site club that they had visited. Would appear that none of the other visitors to the site use this web site.

Jan 2, 2007
Visit site
Hi Jo-anne we have just spent a week there with my daughter and her family and also some friends, excellent site but did have a few teething problems with heating in the toilets etc, (but it is all new!) We could only use the hard standing area as the grass was not quite established, they were nice big pitches, but I don't know if I would want to stay in the summer holidays when the site is full, there are grass pitches in between some of the hard standing pitches. Having said all that It is a super site and great if you cycle a lot you can get straight into the new forest. It is a bit difficult to find the site when you first visit but if you ring the site on route they will guide you there.

Denise (yorkshire)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Live locally,had a visit on Sunday.

Large open site with 2 toilet blocks,very nice indeed.Wardens friendly,was nearly full (hardstanding only).Not much within walking distance,just loads of lovely forest.

Beware finding it,whilst leaving we noticed 2 vans had overshot the turning and were revesing back very gingerly.

Will be full all year I expect when it opens fully.

May 8, 2007
Visit site
Hi there

Spent 5 days there during half term recently. Lovely site, super facilities the wardens are very friendly and the childrens play area is super.

However, as others have said, at the moment only the hardstandings are in use not the full 263 pitches that the site has when it is fully open.

If you look at the site plan in reception (and I did). You will see that there is a grass pitch between all of the hardstandings, and for that matter pretty much everywhere else there is grass. I fear it is going to be awfully busy and crowded in the middle of summer, which is a shame as it is an otherwise lovely site.

Regards

Dave

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts