New, looking for advice

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I'm new to the forums and I'm looking for some advice.
We want to buy a motor home with the following sleeping layout. A fixed double bed (French or island) plus 2 single beds for teenagers.
I'm struggling to find a make/model that might give us this spec.
Thanks in advance.
Shane :)

Jun 3, 2016
Visit site
I assume you then mean the single beds are to be made up in the front seating area ? Not that they are fixed too?

We have a motorhome that is the opposite - fixed single beds in the back (but with a "half" mattress you can put in between to make it "almost" a double or fit small child in.

Then over the dining area we have an electric drop down double bed.

What I like with this layout is that I dont have to make up any beds - I can leave bedding in the drop down so it almost become "fixed"-ish. And I can still sit in the social area even after kids gone to bed (but teenagers might of course stay up longer than the parents!)

I had my mind previously set on a certain layout but we rented a motorhome with "my" layout and I was surprised to find it didnt worked for us. I then ended up with the layout we now had. So I am very glad we rented first.

If this is your first, you might want to consider renting or visit several dealers or a show to try various layouts (unless you already obviously hve done so in which case just ignor my babblings

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Good answer

Always try first, as stated , the layout you think you want, does not always work. make sure you have plenty of "Day space", as the sun does not always shine, and when it's wet , can get cramped in small;; space.
Fixed beds do take up more space, and it does not take long to throw duvets/sleeping bags on the bed

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts