New Member from Norwich!

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Well Hello from snowy Norwich
smiley-laughing.gif

I am now the proud owner of a Lunar Lexon EB 2001 (4 berth) van and I am bubbling over with excitement
smiley-laughing.gif
It's taken my family and I over a year to find the right van at the right price and at last we've done it! I purchased the van from Drayton Caravans in Norwich (sorry for the plug but they deserve it!) and they have been SOOOOOOOO helpful, not to mention getting a great deal on the van. I have been calling them almost daily with 'little technical questions' and nothing is too trivial for them.
It's all very new for me and to prepare I have been a diligent ready of Practical Caravan! But alas when the van arrived and I sat inside it on many a dark night flipping through the owner manual I still found that I didn't know that much at all ! My wife now says that she is a 'caravan widow' but I'm sure when we take our first trip out she will change her mind! It's taken me a while to figure out how to use each appliance in the van and the fact that most of them have THREE power supplies!!! And the heater can work from both mains and gas at the same time for efficiency, still not got my head around that yet??????
Anyway we are planning a one night stopover at a site 45 mins down the road as our first 'trial' then we hope to get away between Christmas and New Year for 3 or 4 nights. Yep, we're not afraid of winter outings in our van especially knowing how well the blown air heating works!!! (Not to mention the great article in this months PC mag!!
I have stacks of questions so I'm now off to look for the correct forum to post them to, Great site, Great mag speak soon............
smiley-laughing.gif

Rog Cannon

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Rog
Congratulations on your Lunar and welcome to the Practical Caravan forum. It's a shame that the snow prevents you from getting off straight away because I can tell that your enthusiasm is bubbling over. If the caravan is outside wind the jockey wheel down so that the front of the caravan is lower than the back and any snow and melt water rolls off rather than lying on the roof. If you've tried the water system make sure that it's completely drained down including the shower head, toilet and water heater to prevent expensive frost damage.
It's great that Drayton Caravans have been so helpful, we like to hear about good caravan dealers and they deserve a plug.
If you're not sure which part of the forum to ask your questions in just post in the General section and I'm sure that out helpful and knowledgeable members wil be happy to help.
Happy Caravanning and don't forget to let us know how the 'maiden voyage' goes.

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the tip on tilting the van forwards, the roof is rather covered at the moment. When I get back from work I'll lower the jockey wheel and compensate with the rear struts so the snow slides off.
Thanks again and I'll let you know about our maiden voyage soon!

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the Forum from a member in your next door County of Suffolk. Neither you or your wfe will regret buying your caravan. We have owned one for over 40 years with just a break of about 10 years when we went to a boat and static van. Came back to touring in 2003 with a view of doing Europe as now being retired. We have spent 7 wonderful 2/3 months tours and are gearing up for another in April 2011. We visit a CL in Norfolk just 30 miles away from home. I strongly advise you join the Caravan Club, if you have not joined already, between that and this Forum you will find all the answers you need.

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Hi Dianne

Thanks for your reply. We have now joined the caravan club and have had a good thumb through the site directory! Some of the CL site look FANTASTIC, especially as alot of them now have hook ups. We are hoping to get away to Kelling Heath this weekend but my wife is concerned about the cold weather and me driving a rig with all this ice about. I'm hoping that the temp will rise by Fri?Sat so we can get away, it's only for one night but I am BUSTING to play with my new toy!!!

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the world of caravanning, Blinkey - we're not far away from you!
smiley-smile.gif

Looks like the temperature is set to rise over the next couple of days, so you should be OK for your trip to Kelling Heath. Don't worry about the cold, you should be fine - all tucked up and cosy in the 'van, there's nothing like it! Just make sure you're well prepared - propane gas, and a jacket for your water carrier, just in case it decides to freeze again - there's nothing worse than not being able to make a cuppa first thing in the morning!!
smiley-laughing.gif

Let us know how you get on.
smiley-smile.gif

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Hope you have a lovely weekend in your new pride and joy. We have not used our van since July due to hospital visits which ended up with a major operation for me on Octo. 1st. Have virtually fully recovered now and looking forward to another European trip in the Spring.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts