New member saying hello.

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Hi, just joined my first caravan forum. Will no doubt be looking to pick your brains at some point and hopefully be able to share some of my caravanning experiences.

After years under canvass we bought our first caravan in 2013 ( had towed my parent's one many years ago). Looked at a few, almost opted for a Coachman but eventually decided on a Hymer 545 Luxusline.

Initially towed it with a 3.0tdi 08 Audi A4 cab (attracted some funny looks) which coped pretty well but, as we are planning on touring Europe later this year, have upgraded to an Audi SQ5 with factory towbar.

I've never driven my own car abroad, or done any caravanning over there so will be searching the forums for tips.

Cheers

Steve

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
I certainly can't comment on foreign motoring because it's not something we've done or intend to but a hearty welcome to the forum. Ask away about anything, someone will have an answer and above all enjoy. :)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Welcome Steve, the touring of France at least is very easy, the first year that we done it we used to book sites then after that just aimed at areas and got to sites by 2 pm ( after the French luntime) to check the site if we ddnt like it move to the next one. But always pitched by 4 pm.
Hutch.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Welcome to the forum Steve.
Plenty of very clever people on here who will be able to help with any problems you may experience.
Good luck with France.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
If your going out of the main season to France there are not a great deal of site open , and half of France is closed after september.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts