New Subaru Outback preview

Kate Taylor

Administrator
Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone. This is just to let you know that at last we are allowed to reveal the new Subaru Outback to the world! It doesn't go on sale until the start of April, but we think it has good potential as a tow car. Take a look at our new Subaru Outback report here and let us know what you think!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Kate Taylor said:
Hi everyone. This is just to let you know that at last we are allowed to reveal the new Subaru Outback to the world! It doesn't go on sale until the start of April, but we think it has good potential as a tow car. Take a look at our new Subaru Outback report here and let us know what you think!

Hello Kate.
I am dissapoited at the accuracy of teh editorial you point to.

"This means that the lightest in the range has an 85% match figure of 1345kg, while for the heaviest, a caravan of 1437kg would be an 85% match, this being the caravan-to-car weight ratio recommended for safe towing.
Read more at http://www.practicalcaravan.com/news/31580-new-subaru-outback-revealed#RYt0Pzpm3R8g6pxc.99"

Please check with the guru's at Haymarket and of course with et CC and any of the other industry experts but the 85% recommendation offers no guarantees that using the figure makes for "safe towing" Its this constant miss use of the guidance that corrupts the minds of so many new towers who blindly try to get to 85% yet ignore the other factors which arguably have much greater influence on the "safety " of an outfit.

Lets clean up this sloppy usage please.

Oct 28, 2006
Visit site
I would find the power and torque fine if it were 100% reliable.My main gripe is i dont like japenese diesels one bit,i find them unrefined and just plain funny to look at.I had a new Nissan Nevara yesterday as a loan car.Im not going to say what i thought of it,but clearly their measurement of power and torque is alot different than the European spec,Gutless.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts