New to us caravan, strange, but cannot find another

Apr 15, 2022
Visit site
Well before covid hit us we purchased a 2010 vanlander 462 2 berth caravan, nice little van, clean , tidy with good enough spec for the wife and I, but can I heck find another, ANYWHERE, I'm nearly certain it's an elddis, but not certain of which model it is derived from, it's a 2010 vanlander 462, 2 berth, has anyone ever heard of this model? Thanks in advance, stay safe, stay well, stay happy, Mark.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Well before covid hit us we purchased a 2010 vanlander 462 2 berth caravan, nice little van, clean , tidy with good enough spec for the wife and I, but can I heck find another, ANYWHERE, I'm nearly certain it's an elddis, but not certain of which model it is derived from, it's a 2010 vanlander 462, 2 berth, has anyone ever heard of this model? Thanks in advance, stay safe, stay well, stay happy, Mark.

My first result of my search.

Seems Google agrees.

John

Apr 15, 2022
Visit site
Aye, I saw that, but couldn't find anyone else with one, I'm wondering if it's an avanti, it does look like an avanti, thanks for reply though, appreciate it

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
I think you will find it was a dealer special based on Avante that was likely to have been made with extras from higher spec Elddis vans. One dealer advertising them was Glossop Caravans. If you Google Elddis Vanlander there are some useful hits including a couple of YouTube videos.

Reactions: Dustydog
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Plenty of info on Beta Companies House.
Roger is spot on. Caravanland , no longer trading , but did operate out of the Coventry area, seem to have sourced for many years Fleetwood units. 2010 they moved to Elddis, only for one year. Vanlander was their “specials “ name. I can’t establish if they actually did the upgrades themselves or had the manufacturer do it.
Hardly surprising there aren’t many like the OPs. But as said by others this one is an Elddis based on the Avante model.

Apr 15, 2022
Visit site
Thanks for all your replies, good stuff, it's a nice little van, nothing wrong with it, except lol clicking thumping noises when water pump works, but I'll post that in the appropriate forum lol, ps. weve just beat Leicester in a last minute shocker, ( nufc by the way ) so I'll wait until tomorrow because im a bit " squiffy "

• Haha
Reactions: Hutch
May 7, 2012
Visit site
Is the water pump internal, as they are often quite noisy, and other than put a bit of carpet under it to soften the noise a bit, there is very little you can do with these.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We saw a Vanlander at the weekend at Broadway CAMH site, not sure of the layout but it certainly said Elddis on it, so there are others out there, but I suggest quite rare.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts