New tugger

Oct 4, 2019
Visit site
Hi all.
I have recently sold our motorhome and purchased a new caravan at last weeks show. We have gone for an Adria Adora Seine, looking forward to picking it up next March.

Looking forward to using this forum, starting by posting in tow car section.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to the Tuggers forum, I hope the people on here can help you with any question you might have,
Hutch.

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Hi & Welcome
We did the same about 3 years ago after many years motorhoming. Must say it was quite an eye opener as things are different and had changed a lot since we were caravanners 30 years ago.
Found a number of things that were not as expected ie having to bleed the water system everytime in a caravan rather than just flicking a switch in the motorhome, Toilet flush having separate filling system & driving quite a lot different (although we did pull a trailer on the motorhome) small tugger, big trailer rather than other way round. Also takes longer to set up on site-5 mins in a motorhome -at least 1 hr in a caravan.
Plus points though-lot more space & lot more comfort now we are getting on a bit!
Mike

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Scorpy said:
Hi & Welcome
We did the same about 3 years ago after many years motorhoming. Must say it was quite an eye opener as things are different and had changed a lot since we were caravanners 30 years ago.
Found a number of things that were not as expected ie having to bleed the water system everytime in a caravan rather than just flicking a switch in the motorhome, Toilet flush having separate filling system & driving quite a lot different (although we did pull a trailer on the motorhome) small tugger, big trailer rather than other way round. Also takes longer to set up on site-5 mins in a motorhome -at least 1 hr in a caravan.
Plus points though-lot more space & lot more comfort now we are getting on a bit!
Mike

And you can take your car into places that a motorhome cannot access. That’s one of the reasons we prefer the caravan. In an ideal world you should have motorhome, caravan, and camper plus a tent for backpacking :) morning

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi Welcome to the forum. We had a Motorhome and swapped to a caravan some 13 years ago. Worked for us. Lots of lovely folk on here, even the occasionally grumpy ones :cheer: Keep posting.
Mel

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Please let us know how the handover of your new Adria goes and what your impressions the caravan are.

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Welcome. You have chosen a lovely caravan, we nearly had an Adria last year. One word about insurance, shop round as some providers charge extra because of its overseas build.

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Hi
Well done I'm sure you'll enjoy! As regards setting up time on a caravan it's all down to how you use your caravan I think. We pull up, unhitch, I get water, we plug electric in, switch electrics and gas on and that's it! 15 mins tops. However if you then put up an awning and have tonnes in there to sort out then it takes longer. Having said that we have an air awning that is so quick to put up. Happy tugging :)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
jallin said:
Hi
Well done I'm sure you'll enjoy! As regards setting up time on a caravan it's all down to how you use your caravan I think. We pull up, unhitch, I get water, we plug electric in, switch electrics and gas on and that's it! 15 mins tops. However if you then put up an awning and have tonnes in there to sort out then it takes longer. Having said that we have an air awning that is so quick to put up. Happy tugging :)

We are the same as you, make sure the hookup cable is long enough, then level the van, wifey takes the dogs for a walk, whilst I put down the stays etc all done , the good lady breaks out the wine and beer, 30 minutes normally. If we put up the porch awning maybe an hour as long as I don't put it up inside out. .
I have seen Motor caravans taking a lot longer at times, even moving pitches when their roof mounted Sat things are blocked by trees. Sad, Whats wrong with a game of Boggle. :cheer:

Oct 4, 2019
Visit site
Thank you for all your welcome messages.
We have decided on a Kia Sorento as our tow car, just got to wait till March to pick up the caravan.
Happy days.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Phill , where about are you based, if you have the daft Woosie sense of humour you could meet up with us next year. .
Hutch.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts