Newbie from West Sussex

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi, We have been caravanning for 10 years firstly as a family of five with an Elddis Avante 630/6, then, once the children had decided not to accompany us any more we downsized to a Lunar Quasar 524. Whilst a pleasant enough 'van I missed the space of a big TA and having had enough of faffing about with making up the bed each night we changed it for a 2010 Swift Challenger 630 with a side fixed bed. Absolutely loved it and had a few enhancements made to it, changed the mattress, fitted an extractor above the galley and had a heated towel rail installed in the washroom. My wife's work takes her all over the South of England and if she is staying away for any length of time she'd rather stay in the 'van than an hotel. Earlier this year she was staying near Salisbury for a week and upon pitching up we found we needed a replacement fresh water pump so we trotted off to the nearest caravan place who happened to be a Swift dealer. While I was sorting the pump beloved was looking round the new caravans, and, fell in love with the Conqueror 645 with the transverse bed. So despite only owning our Challenger for about 9 months we bit the bullet and a couple of months later took delivery of a spanking new van, just in time for our French holiday.
The Elddis and the Lunar we towed with a Mercedes E class estate and would still have it now but due to a work related RSI I found it too uncomfortable to drive any sort of distance so reluctantly we changed it for a new Kia Sorento KX2 auto in 2014. A brilliant towcar ,we both love it and will be updating it at the end of next year.
We try and get away as much as possible, any excuse for a long weekend away with Doug and Roxie, our two Cockapoos, doesn't have to be far, one regular site we use is less than 3 miles away as the crow flies but it is an excellent site with a decent restaurant and top notch facilities, Next years main holiday is already booked along with another caravanning couple(and the dogs) we'll be heading for the French Alps (Annecy) for 3 weeks in June.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Welcome to the forum and like minded people.
Your story has echoes of my own past :cheer:
I travelled the UK on business and used the caravan wherever possible . This gave us free long weekends away.
Only trouble we like the Sorento and Senator TA so much we still have them!
If you're stuck on anything ask away. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts