NHS Covid app

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Thought I would download it and went to the NHS webpage and and clicked on the Google Play icon, but get message "This Google account is not yet associated with a device. Please access the Play store app on your device befroe installing apps." I have downloaded apps from Play Store previously with no issue, but on checking there seem to be a number of NHS apps so not sure which are genbuine and which are not?
Not sure what this means? I have a Gmail address but not sure if this is regarded as an account. Not too happy about an app assocaitedw ith Google as bad enouhg Google spying on us constantly. BTW I have had my location switched off most times ever since I bought the phone 2 years ago.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Suggest you go to the ‘store’, then search for and download the app. Yes there are various NHS apps so look at the descriptions. You will need location services and Bluetooth turned on to make use of the app. If you are not comfortable with this perhaps the app is not for you.

John

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Suggest you go to the ‘store’, then search for and download the app. Yes there are various NHS apps so look at the descriptions. You will need location services and Bluetooth turned on to make use of the app. If you are not comfortable with this perhaps the app is not for you.

John
Thanks John as we are more or less confined to our home for the next month or more probably not much point in downloading it.
I only occasionally turn on Bluetooth. Maybe I am too security concious, but this has been heightened due to a possible illegal transaction that is "pending" on my credit card for nearly £570. The bank are investigating and the amount has been put on hold.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I am also not allowed out with me in the vulnerable group and i have had a look at NHS webpage you could just read it everyday for a month
I don"t have a credit card we got rid of ours a long time ago .
The only thing we have now is a debit card with our bank and we only use it for petrol / diesel on our cars ..

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I have the Scottish App on my phone and I gather hat this now links in with the other national apps. I have no problem with the blue tooth as I do not use the phone to make payments. For me payments are too insecure on a phone whatever the banks say.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
WORD OF WARNING
I've had the app for sometime now and frighteningly last Thursday I had notification that "you have been in contact with someone with COVID 19 isolate for 14 days"
When I clicked on the message it disappeared!!
I then spent over an hour trying to retrieve it, but no joy, the only thing I could think of was to email the helpline which I duly did, it took them 3 days to reply whilst I'm bricking it, do I stay home ? go to work ? hell this was torture!! there reply is below copied from the email:

Thanks for sending feedback about the NHS COVID-19 app.
The NHS COVID-19 app uses Apple and Google Exposure Notifications. When exposure logging is switched on, Apple or Google may send you notifications. These may be called COVID-19 EXPOSURE LOGGING or COVID-19 Exposure Notifications.
These are default messages from Apple and Google and there is no need to be concerned if you miss or overlook them. You're currently not able to turn off these default Apple and Google notifications.
Sometimes it may seem as though these messages disappear, or you cannot click into them. You can’t view the notification once it has disappeared.
Important messages from the NHS COVID-19 app will always be visible to you from inside the app. You only need to take action if you get a notification directly from the NHS COVID-19 app. Messages from the NHS COVID-19 app will not ‘disappear’ when you click them, you will be able to see the advice for you within the app when you open it.
No action is required if your NHS COVID-19 app is not asking you to self-isolate.
We understand it can be concerning when you receive a notification regarding COVID-19, which then disappears, so please be rest assured that any situation which requires you to take action will be displayed within the app when you open it.
More information on the types of notifications the NHS COVID-19 app will send can be found in the link below:
https://faq.covid19.nhs.uk/article/KA-01317/en-us

So you see when you click on the message it disappears!! And nothing to worry about!!

Hope this helps others.

Stay Safe.

Reactions: Hutch and Dustydog
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
WORD OF WARNING
I've had the app for sometime now and frighteningly last Thursday I had notification that "you have been in contact with someone with COVID 19 isolate for 14 days"
When I clicked on the message it disappeared!!
I then spent over an hour trying to retrieve it, but no joy, the only thing I could think of was to email the helpline which I duly did, it took them 3 days to reply whilst I'm bricking it, do I stay home ? go to work ? hell this was torture!! there reply is below copied from the email:

Thanks for sending feedback about the NHS COVID-19 app.
The NHS COVID-19 app uses Apple and Google Exposure Notifications. When exposure logging is switched on, Apple or Google may send you notifications. These may be called COVID-19 EXPOSURE LOGGING or COVID-19 Exposure Notifications.
These are default messages from Apple and Google and there is no need to be concerned if you miss or overlook them. You're currently not able to turn off these default Apple and Google notifications.
Sometimes it may seem as though these messages disappear, or you cannot click into them. You can’t view the notification once it has disappeared.
Important messages from the NHS COVID-19 app will always be visible to you from inside the app. You only need to take action if you get a notification directly from the NHS COVID-19 app. Messages from the NHS COVID-19 app will not ‘disappear’ when you click them, you will be able to see the advice for you within the app when you open it.
No action is required if your NHS COVID-19 app is not asking you to self-isolate.
We understand it can be concerning when you receive a notification regarding COVID-19, which then disappears, so please be rest assured that any situation which requires you to take action will be displayed within the app when you open it.
More information on the types of notifications the NHS COVID-19 app will send can be found in the link below:
https://faq.covid19.nhs.uk/article/KA-01317/en-us

So you see when you click on the message it disappears!! And nothing to worry about!!

Hope this helps others.

Stay Safe.
This was covered a week or two back but thanks for reminding us.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts