Nice and Christmassy 😏

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:
May 7, 2012
Visit site
Amazing photos. We took the grandchildren to Glasglow last year were they had masses of lights in a park. Great and would have done it again this year if we could but tier 4 prevented it even being held.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I should have been clear, we didn’t take the little ones to Sudeley, the pictures are from our Granddaughter.

We have managed to get to see the Christmas lights at Longleat for the last few years. Works well with the CMC site and the clubs discounts. Not sure if they have held them this year be we would give it a miss anyway. But if anyone can do it in the future it’s a nice experience.

John

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I should have been clear, we didn’t take the little ones to Sudeley, the pictures are from our Granddaughter.

We have managed to get to see the Christmas lights at Longleat for the last few years. Works well with the CMC site and the clubs discounts. Not sure if they have held them this year be we would give it a miss anyway. But if anyone can do it in the future it’s a nice experience.

John
i think that one place i would like to see the christmas lights at Longleat i have made a note Thanks

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
i think that one place i would like to see the christmas lights at Longleat i have made a note Thanks

Also, for blue badge holders, you can combine the CMC discount with carer goes free. We get the light ticket with a day entry and bus tickets to get around the safari monkey free.

In normal times. Not only do they have the light walk, but the house is decorated as a Victorian Christmas with actors dressed up.

John

Reactions: Beachball
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
If you go best to stay on CMHC site as trying to get in from the local roads is a nightmare. We went twice but we had to turn right on an island on the A36 Warminster by pass. That is the main trunk rout north-south from Southampton and Poole areas. So imagine the traffic chaos and long waits just to make the turn. 2 hours an a journey that normally took us 20 minutes. That is a weakness of Longleat. When they had the Red Bull Air Races ( great spectacle) it virtually brought the area for 25 miles around to a stand still.

Reactions: Beachball
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Also, for blue badge holders, you can combine the CMC discount with carer goes free. We get the light ticket with a day entry and bus tickets to get around the safari monkey free.

In normal times. Not only do they have the light walk, but the house is decorated as a Victorian Christmas with actors dressed up.

John
Well if i go i normally take with me either my wheelchair and my carer that my wife . and i am in the CMC discount so thanks for your help in this matter .

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
If you go best to stay on CMHC site as trying to get in from the local roads is a nightmare. We went twice but we had to turn right on an island on the A36 Warminster by pass. That is the main trunk rout north-south from Southampton and Poole areas. So imagine the traffic chaos and long waits just to make the turn. 2 hours an a journey that normally took us 20 minutes. That is a weakness of Longleat. When they had the Red Bull Air Races ( great spectacle) it virtually brought the area for 25 miles around to a stand still.
Hi otherclive the CMHC site looks nice for a long weekend and thanks for the information .

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi otherclive the CMHC site looks nice for a long weekend and thanks for the information .
There are very many nice places around that you could easily spend a week in the area. Bath, Bradford on Avon, Glastonbury, Somerset Levels, Stourhead and more all within easy travelling distance.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
There are very many nice places around that you could easily spend a week in the area. Bath, Bradford on Avon, Glastonbury, Somerset Levels, Stourhead and more all within easy travelling distance.
Hi otherclive we been to Bath saw The Roman Baths and Temple we also been to Glastonbury we pick the wrong week it was the pop festival it was heaving we been in Bradford on Avon stopped near the market town if we were down there again we would love to go back also driven through Bristol but there are other places we haven"t seen thanks for your input

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts