night light

May 15, 2007
Visit site
Do you have the same problems we have in our caravan during the night ? Picture the scene, its 2am and you need the loo. Half asleep and you have to find the light switch, it never seems to be in the same place as when you went to bed , sometimes I never find it so fumble my way around.

Well I have found the solution and it works great, its called the Osram nightlux. This is battery operated with 3 led lights and a movement detector , it only works when its dark. As you get out of bed it comes on for 60 seconds, so no more stubbed toes ,I have then put another one in the loo. They are small and stick on the wall on a magnet. I bought these from B&Q and they cost £6.98 each, including batteries ,well worth the money.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
We fitted a socket on the wall, at floor level, in the Loo and plug in a nightlight which we put on at night. Leaving the Loo door ajar it gives enough light to find your way without being too bright and wakeing you up.

Feb 21, 2008
Visit site
For night time trips, I just keep a tourch under my pillow. It also helps me keep track of the time when I wake up and the caravan's blackout blinds prove too effective.

May 22, 2008
Visit site
hi, I find plug in childrens nightlights do a great job of dimly lighting the floor of the caravan at night. Got ours from Mothercare. Will keep ours, even when our little boy grows out of Winnie the Pooh!!

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
A night light ??? No Chance .... SWTSMBO whinges and moans enough about the little blue light on the fridge (covered by a strategically placed teatowel), the moonlight through the "holes" in the blinds that the "strings" go through, the streetlights through the concertina "edge" of the blinds .. in fact anything that increases the available illumination to anything above "pitch black" !!!!

Aug 1, 2007
Visit site
I like dark as well .. Got a plaster stuck over the fridge light (like a flap) so its always there ..Covered the alarm sensor as well .. I can fumble my way to the loo in the night :)

May 15, 2007
Visit site
Hi Graham,

Which B&Q did you get them from?

I've searched their website and they aren't listed on there.

Regards

Bob
Hi Bob

It was by accident i found them , i got one from Mansfield and onother from Derby, both were next to the checkout and not on the racks, happy hunting

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts