no 12v on hook up.

May 28, 2016
Visit site
I'm sorry this question seems to have been asked multiple times before, but ether I'm missing something or my situation is different than previous posts. So no 12v power on hook up. Arrived at site last night. Plugged in electric hookup. I have 240v but no 12v. The charger light is on on the ems2000 unit. The in line fuse to the Battery is OK. Have switched the car/van switch to middle point but no voltage shown on the internal voltmeter. Leisure Battery is reading 12.1v when checked with a volt meter but no power from the battery. With the car plugged in I have 12V and every thing in the caravan works as it should. Ignition on and all stops so think habitation relay is OK. With ignition off and the caravan switch moved from caravan to car a buzzing /clicking noise can be heard from the front of the van. So any one any idea what this could be and what to test next. The van is a Stirling searcher 2003 twin axel. Many thanks for any help. P38paul

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
p38paul said:
Have switched the car/van switch to middle point but no voltage shown on the internal voltmeter.

The middle position is OFF. ;) You either get the 12v from car (when towing) or Van (when not towing), so set the switch accordingly.

May 28, 2016
Visit site
Sorry knew I would miss something out I have had the switch in both positions as well as off. Get nothing from the leisure battery when in caravan mode. Even if charging is on or off.

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
p38paul said:
Sorry knew I would miss something out I have had the switch in both positions as well as off. Get nothing from the leisure battery when in caravan mode. Even if charging is on or off.

I had a Bessacarr/Swift with an EMS unit in. I would suggest disconnecting the EHU, take out the 6 EMS retaining screws, and check that all the electrical connector plugs on the back are properly located.

Whilst it is out, you should be able to spot the incoming battery cable, which you can test for 12 v, so you can confirm the battery cable is sound all the way to the EMS

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts