No heat from Fanmaster

Aug 7, 2009
Visit site
Hello

I have a Swift Conqueror 1997 caravan and I cannot for the life of me get any heat from the Fanmaster. It works when I put on the Carver 3600STc heater, but it will not work on the electrical setting only.

I have the carvan sited so I want to use the Fanmaster on the electrical setting.( I am paying site fees!!)I have taken the front off the heater and I cannot see any reset button.

I am unable to gain access to the rear of the heater, due to the design of the interior.

Please help

Sep 5, 2006
Visit site
You need to get to the back of it. On the black plastic housing is a (hard to see) reset flap that needs pressing. They trip out if they get too hot, ie if its switched on but with the outlet vents closed.

SBS

Mar 15, 2007
Visit site
It is not unknown for the plug to become dislodged. For more help, contact Gary at Arc Systems. He is THE man for Carver appliances.

Mike

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There won't be a plug to fall out but you can find the reset Here

You will need to reach over the back through a drawer or whatever is above

Aug 7, 2009
Visit site
It is not unknown for the plug to become dislodged. For more help, contact Gary at Arc Systems. He is THE man for Carver appliances.

Mike
Many Thanks for the prompt replies.

Looks like I will have to dismantle the heater to remove it from its location. Better get the screwdrivers out!!

Aug 7, 2009
Visit site
There won't be a plug to fall out but you can find the reset Here

You will need to reach over the back through a drawer or whatever is above
Gary you are a star

What a daft design Swift caravans have. There is no access panel above the heater so i'll have to remove the heater. I'll have a go tomorrow.

Cheers mate

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
No No, don't try removing the heater.

Assuming the fire fronts removed, the reset is exactly 9 inches down and 7 inches back from the top left hand corner of the heater surround.

I would have though this point will be inside a cupboard and you can cut a hole big enough to get at it, perhaps 2 inch diameter you can then cover this with a suitable plastic vent cover or similar.

For the moment you should get away with a 10mm hole and a screwdriver to poke through and press it

Aug 7, 2009
Visit site
No No, don't try removing the heater.

Assuming the fire fronts removed, the reset is exactly 9 inches down and 7 inches back from the top left hand corner of the heater surround.

I would have though this point will be inside a cupboard and you can cut a hole big enough to get at it, perhaps 2 inch diameter you can then cover this with a suitable plastic vent cover or similar.

For the moment you should get away with a 10mm hole and a screwdriver to poke through and press it
I'll give it a try. it would save me a lot of time, and I would be able to reset it in the future.

Cheers

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As Gary has suggested, on my 98 Abbey I have been able to cut a hole in the side of an adjacent cuboard so that I can put a finger through and reset the cut out. I have found that the heater is more liable to trip out if I set the fan to slow speed, I now always run it at fast speed and allow the thermostat to control the fan speed.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The point about the mk1 Fanmaster tripping out on slow fan but ok on fast is, the Fanmaster is gently reminding you it needs some TLC

The general problem is a build up of fluff preventing enough air getting through the internal elements, clearing it from the fan itself though is not good enough.

The Fanmaster needs to come out to be stripped down and ALL the fluff removed.

If that does not solve the problem, then the fan motor is worn and needs replacing before it overloads and destroys the control board all together.

I of course can help with all spares should you need them, including a different type reset switch that don't need pressing so gets round the access problem.

Reactions: ProfJohnL
Sep 5, 2006
Visit site
I agree with Gary. I stripped mine down & it was jammed full of fluff. Its dead easy, just 3 screws hold it to the back of the fire & once removed its easy to strip, clean & re-assemble.

Aug 7, 2009
Visit site
Cheers for the info lads...I checked the offside seating area and found a vent, which when removed exposed the re-sit switch. (Great News)

The Fanmaster is now blowing hot air..Just like the wife

I have tried to include some photographs, but for some reason they will not load into the reply box

May 24, 2020
Visit site
Thank you Damien for your response. I appreciate it.
(Apologies for posting here. I realised after and have just re-posted to a new thread). I'm not experienced with 12V and mains, you're right. I did not realise that a battery has to be onboard for safety.
I don't expect to be able to fix this myself. I am wanting to get help understanding the issue and advice from those who do so I can get an idea of what's involved and get some help where I am locally from someone I know who has the proper knowledge (though he doesn't know caravans and this model).
Tina :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts